Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

b16 boostedd head gasket size??

Old 09-24-2010, 04:53 PM
SVT COBRAA
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SVT COBRAA SVT COBRAA SVT COBRAA SVT COBRAA
Default b16 boostedd head gasket size??

close

Last edited by SVT COBRAA; 10-01-2010 at 12:37 PM.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:23 PM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: b16 boostedd head gasket size??

What do you mean by "what size"....? Do you think head gasket material comes on a spool and you chop off a few feet and stuff it between the block and head?

There isn't any concept of size unless you're getting an aftermarket headgasket that is available in different thicknesses to adjust the compression ratio the ghetto way.

You have a B16. You need to buy a head gasket for a B16. That's about as much information as you need.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 09-24-2010 at 09:26 PM.
Old 09-25-2010, 02:53 AM
SVT COBRAA
Registered Member

Did you feel good while typing that trying to make me seem like a complete retard? Yes of course I meant thickness... I may be new to the honda game but I'm not a retard.. As stated I know that the thickness will up the comp and such which is why I asked my question...I didn't know if I needed a 2mm or 3mm (I believe that's the sizes) thank you mr hello kitty for your smart ass reply..I never have understood why it is people feel the need to talk crap on a forum when all I'm doing or anyone is doing is asking for HELP. Sheesh...
Old 09-25-2010, 04:43 AM
boredom
management

boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom

Originally Posted by SVT COBRAA
Did you feel good while typing that trying to make me seem like a complete retard? Yes of course I meant thickness... I may be new to the honda game but I'm not a retard.. As stated I know that the thickness will up the comp and such which is why I asked my question...I didn't know if I needed a 2mm or 3mm (I believe that's the sizes) thank you mr hello kitty for your smart ass reply..I never have understood why it is people feel the need to talk crap on a forum when all I'm doing or anyone is doing is asking for HELP. Sheesh...
id say go with a large, you wouldnt want it too thin.
Old 09-25-2010, 06:17 AM
SVT COBRAA
Registered Member

Ok....but by large are you saying 3mm? I haven't had a chance to read up on size n such. I asked this question simply because my car is boosted and I dunno how higher compression would affect that. As stated I'm new to the honda game and brand new to boost. So just cruious as to how thicker would affect my compression. Is it not lower compression for boost or am I backwards? Thanks for the help in advance
Old 09-25-2010, 09:26 AM
boredom
management

boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom

the larger the hg the thicker it is. i think the xl is like 3-layer, but that may be overkill and will most certainly reduce your compression ratio. unless thats what your looking to do.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:09 AM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Hello all i was just curious as to what size head gasket i needed to order for my car...its not blown but the person that had the car before me obviously didnt put it on right and oil seeps through the corners of where the gasket it so im about 99% sure its a faulty instalation of the gasket...
I apparently missed the part where you stated anything related to thickness, or to compression, or to anything except "size". I'm not seeing anything. Didn't put it on right, oil seeps through the corners, faulty installation. Nope, didn't state anything.

I find that if you want an answer to a question, you actually have to ask the question.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 09-25-2010 at 11:14 AM.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:18 AM
Jarrod
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

If you mess with compression the ghetto way, you're stupid.

Just put a fucking stock b16 head gasket up there.