Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

help with autometer oil pressure gauge

Old 02-16-2011, 04:47 PM
Lord Humongous
VaDriven Mayhem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous
Default Re: help with autometer oil pressure gauge

What kind of car?
Old 02-16-2011, 05:08 PM
Big Sexy
liquor&cheeseburgers

Big Sexy Big Sexy Big Sexy Big Sexy Big Sexy Big Sexy Big Sexy Big Sexy Big Sexy Big Sexy Big Sexy

Originally Posted by Jenkinsal2
the plastic tubing is to locate the sender away from engine vibrations. Just curious do you know what your Oil Pressure Should be running at?
I cant imagine its 100 psi if thats what youre hinting at. I cant think of any reason that the cd player ground wouldnt work. If somethings wrong with the ground then the cd player wouldnt be working right.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:30 PM
Jenkinsal2
Registered member

Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2

Originally Posted by Big Sexy
I cant imagine its 100 psi if thats what youre hinting at. I cant think of any reason that the cd player ground wouldnt work. If somethings wrong with the ground then the cd player wouldnt be working right.
I couldn't imagine either but stranger things have happened. Just to clarify though, If you are using an Autometer Gauge and sender you should have three wires from the gauge ( power,ground, and sender). At the sender you should have a single lead off the end of the sender as well as a wire grounding the sender itself to the car.

Is this how it currently is? could you take a photo of the sender mounted and its wiring?
Old 02-17-2011, 03:56 PM
DumpedDA
Registered Member

DumpedDA has disabled reputation

ok thanks guys i got it figured out i guess i didnt have the sender grounded properly or it was in my connections on my gauge. took the gauge out and hooked it up to the battery and it wasnt reading at all then i moved the ground from the sender to a diff location and it worked. rewired the connections to the gauge and re-mounted in the dash.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:58 PM
Jenkinsal2
Registered member

Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2

Great! glad you got it figured out.