Notices
Import - ASIA Vehicles from Japanese, Korean, Chinese(?) manufacturers go here.

'04 Red Brawn Nissan Titan LE 4x4, 71,xxx miles

Old 01-31-2011, 05:07 PM
gratefullife
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gratefullife is an unknown quantity at this point
Default SOLD. The truck is gone, see the last post for explanation.

SOLD. The truck is gone, see the last post for explanation.

Name: Phillipp
Means of contact: This thread or PM
Price: $ 16,900

Description:

I originally bought this truck back in Jan 2007 with roughly 29k miles on it. It has been serviced regularly the entirety of it's life with me, to include Royal Purple (or a full synthetic only equivalent) oil changes. Never smoked in. This is a great truck and I will go into full detail about any and all items associated with it. The reason for the sale is to get in to move on to an STi. Everything stays on the truck. I will also be posting it up for sale locally as well as elsewhere online.

Again, asking 16,900. I have a clean and clear Title in hand.

Specs:

It is a 2004 Nissan Titan LE 4x4 King Cab with:
Off Road and Tow packages
Full leather interior with 6-way dual (heated) electric Captains Chairs, the driver being
programmable for 2 drivers
Heated seats and side mirrors
Rockford Fosgate 6-disc stereo with sub-woofer and steering wheel controls
Auto-dimming rear view mirror with homelink
Factory bed liner
Bed rail/track system with removable attachment points
Bedside lockable utility box
Fog lamps
Tow Hooks

Bought from the dealer it had the Nissan bed divider added.

Mods:

Full custom 2.25” true-dual exhaust with h-pipe, 2 Flowmaster Super-44's, to 3” double walled angle tips (sounds amazing!)
Access - Larado low-profile tonneau cover
S&B Intake
“Titan” Nissan aftermarket all weather floor mats (eh, it's a mod for some people)

These are the only mods done. Suspension has NOT been modified in any way at all!

Issues:

The leather is somewhat worn on the edges of the drivers and passengers seats but still in great condition. There is some small paint wear on the steering wheel stereo control surround that was worn from rubbing when I bought the truck and is not uncommon with the early year Titans. There are some very minor scratches on the plastic panels on the lower door edges and the glove box.

On the exterior, there is a spot on the driver door where the black coating on the B-pillar has been dinged. This too was like this when I bought it and have just never gotten around to repairing it. As for the paint, on the drivers side front bumper, there is an area where the garage was bumped one day while parking and the paint was rubbed off, there are also a few other minor paint blemishes around the body, but this is the one that stands out the most and just hasn't been repaired. Funny though, wife says she gets compliments all the time about the paint and about how nice the truck looks in general.

Service and repairs done throughout it's life include:
A recall that was performed twice for the drivers rear door electrical harness, both covered under warranty (service dept. didn't fix properly the first time).

I had the rear diff cover replaced with the upgraded finned cover to better disperse the heat. There was a problem with the '04 to early '06 Titans rear diff putting off too much heat and would result in the differential grenading itself inside the case or worse. The finned cover amazingly enough, was proven to prevent this entirely.

Repair was done when the truck was accidentally backed in to another vehicle and the bumper and bumper surround had to be replaced.

Lastly is a much more serious issue. Last year I had gone out of town and lent my truck to a friend from work who, trying to do the right thing, attempted to refill the gas tank for me. Unknown to him (and a number of other local victims) the gas that he put in the truck wound up containing nearly 50% ethanol. Over the next week or two I started having some serious problems and wound up having to have it towed to Nissan. It took them months to figure it all out and the insurance company finally paid to have a engine pulled from a destroyed Titan put in. The engine in it now is actually a rough 2k mileage lower than the truck itself. The work was done by Victory Nissan in Chesapeake. I have had zero problems with the engine or truck since and aside from when I was in Iraq and my wife had the oil changed, have continued to drive and service it regularly.

I apologize for the dirty pictures. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Pictures:

Last edited by gratefullife; 02-18-2011 at 02:08 PM. Reason: SOLD.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:14 PM
nftuatn
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn
Default Re: '04 Red Brawn Nissan Titan LE 4x4, 71,xxx miles

Originally Posted by gratefullife
Name: Phillipp
Means of contact: This thread or PM
Price: $ 16,900

Description:

I originally bought this truck back in Jan 2007 with roughly 29k miles on it. It has been serviced regularly the entirety of it's life with me, to include Royal Purple (or a full synthetic only equivalent) oil changes. Never smoked in. This is a great truck and I will go into full detail about any and all items associated with it. The reason for the sale is to get in to move on to an STi. Everything stays on the truck. I will also be posting it up for sale locally as well as elsewhere online.

Again, asking 16,900. I have a clean and clear Title in hand.

Specs:

It is a 2004 Nissan Titan LE 4x4 King Cab with:
Off Road and Tow packages
Full leather interior with 6-way dual (heated) electric Captains Chairs, the driver being
programmable for 2 drivers
Heated seats and side mirrors
Rockford Fosgate 6-disc stereo with sub-woofer and steering wheel controls
Auto-dimming rear view mirror with homelink
Factory bed liner
Bed rail/track system with removable attachment points
Bedside lockable utility box
Fog lamps
Tow Hooks

Bought from the dealer it had the Nissan bed divider added.

Mods:

Full custom 2.25” true-dual exhaust with h-pipe, 2 Flowmaster Super-44's, to 3” double walled angle tips (sounds amazing!)
Access - Larado low-profile tonneau cover
S&B Intake
“Titan” Nissan aftermarket all weather floor mats (eh, it's a mod for some people)

These are the only mods done. Suspension has NOT been modified in any way at all!

Issues:

The leather is somewhat worn on the edges of the drivers and passengers seats but still in great condition. There is some small paint wear on the steering wheel stereo control surround that was worn from rubbing when I bought the truck and is not uncommon with the early year Titans. There are some very minor scratches on the plastic panels on the lower door edges and the glove box.

On the exterior, there is a spot on the driver door where the black coating on the B-pillar has been dinged. This too was like this when I bought it and have just never gotten around to repairing it. As for the paint, on the drivers side front bumper, there is an area where the garage was bumped one day while parking and the paint was rubbed off, there are also a few other minor paint blemishes around the body, but this is the one that stands out the most and just hasn't been repaired. Funny though, wife says she gets compliments all the time about the paint and about how nice the truck looks in general.

Service and repairs done throughout it's life include:
A recall that was performed twice for the drivers rear door electrical harness, both covered under warranty (service dept. didn't fix properly the first time).

I had the rear diff cover replaced with the upgraded finned cover to better disperse the heat. There was a problem with the '04 to early '06 Titans rear diff putting off too much heat and would result in the differential grenading itself inside the case or worse. The finned cover amazingly enough, was proven to prevent this entirely.

Repair was done when the truck was accidentally backed in to another vehicle and the bumper and bumper surround had to be replaced.

Lastly is a much more serious issue. Last year I had gone out of town and lent my truck to a friend from work who, trying to do the right thing, attempted to refill the gas tank for me. Unknown to him (and a number of other local victims) the gas that he put in the truck wound up containing nearly 50% ethanol. Over the next week or two I started having some serious problems and wound up having to have it towed to Nissan. It took them months to figure it all out and the insurance company finally paid to have a engine pulled from a destroyed Titan put in. The engine in it now is actually a rough 2k mileage lower than the truck itself. The work was done by Victory Nissan in Chesapeake. I have had zero problems with the engine or truck since and aside from when I was in Iraq and my wife had the oil changed, have continued to drive and service it regularly.

I apologize for the dirty pictures. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Pictures:

congratulations.....you my friend are the only new member that has actually made a perfect for sale thread..i give you props on that and glws...
Old 01-31-2011, 05:19 PM
gratefullife
Registered Member

Haha Thanks, I appreciate it.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:34 PM
SlvrSpec
-RepLegion

SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec

Seriously! Every noob thread is full of fail except for this one. Very detailed and you followed the rules

GLWS my man
Old 02-01-2011, 02:35 PM
gratefullife
Registered Member

Thanks guys. Really do hate to see this thing go, it truly is a great truck. Hoping it finds a good home soon.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:57 AM
gratefullife
Registered Member

Bump. Slightly flexible on the price, but I need to get what I have to get if that makes sense.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:26 PM
BOGUS
Registered Member

BOGUS has disabled reputation

My pops has one just like it except it's crew cab and the brighter red. Really good truck, and luxurious too. Glws!
Old 02-04-2011, 12:41 PM
gratefullife
Registered Member

Thank you!
Old 02-07-2011, 10:18 AM
gratefullife
Registered Member

Bump.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:32 PM
gratefullife
Registered Member

SOLD. The truck is no longer around, traded it in on the car I've been waning all along.