Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Oil coming out between manifold and turbo?

Old 02-27-2011, 11:35 PM
~Josh
doesn't like 1911s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh
Default Re: Oil coming out between manifold and turbo?

Originally Posted by Kouki KA-T
WTF? I can vouch for a "redtop sr t25 turbo". It makes fucking noise man, big deal. You're up here posting about something you want solved.....yet you post not one picture and say its self explanatory???? Fuck that. Delete your post, forget any help, and I hope the turbo seals, along with the motor go to shit. Thanks
I can't tell if you're just trying too hard, and failing real hard... or, for some reason, really That mad over a thread...

Either way, I'm guessing post like the one above are why you're scared to turn your rep on. Thanks.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:19 AM
BAN HAMMER
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER

Your turbo is fried.

End of story.

its really not that hard to fucking diagnose... If you are leaking at the flange from the turbo and intake manifold, how does oil get into that general area? hmm lemme think for a second... Oh yeah the turbo requires oil and its right there.... holy shit I think the turbo is leaking... and it makes wierd sounds... i'm a fuckin genius.

See how easy that was?
Old 02-28-2011, 06:20 AM
BAN HAMMER
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER

Originally Posted by SleepinOnBoost
The turbo got hot it wasnt and getting the proper amount of oil, the seal dried up, and cracked and now that its getting the right amount of oil it leaking
You just answered your own god damn question.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:47 PM
SleepinOnBoost
Registered Member

SleepinOnBoost has disabled reputation

...It made noises on the previous motor the guy said it was a factory T25 from a sr20det redtop but wasn’t sure...Thanks for the help I was pretty sure it was the turbo but I wasn’t positive that why I was asking....I'd rather have a second and third opinion on this that why I posted the thread thanks guys…And for the guy who was being a smart ass a STOCK SR20DET only has one turbo and turbo manifold…So that explains itself.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:15 PM
Lord Humongous
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Originally Posted by Donkey-Punch
Your turbo is fried.

End of story.

its really not that hard to fucking diagnose... If you are leaking at the flange from the turbo and intake manifold, how does oil get into that general area? hmm lemme think for a second... Oh yeah the turbo requires oil and its right there.... holy shit I think the turbo is leaking... and it makes wierd sounds... i'm a fuckin genius.

See how easy that was?
You hit the fucking easy button didn't you?
Old 02-28-2011, 10:27 PM
Dillweed
Registered Member

Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed

Originally Posted by SleepinOnBoost
I have a sr20det oil comes out between the turbo and the turbo manifold. I think it might be my piston rings or maybe even a blown turbo...The motor the turbo came off of leaned out of oil because of a broken oil pick-up, so maybe it is just the turbo. On the previous motor the turbo made loud winding noises almost like a Ball-Bearing turbo. I'm thinking since I drove the car for 3 months like that before the motor spun a rod bearing, that maybe the lack of oil added with the heat dried the seal out and they cracked, and now that it’s getting the right amount of oil it’s leaking. The car just started doing this and it about the 10th time I’ve turned it on. The motor has only 42K miles on it. I guess what I need is the possible problems I sure someone has had this same problem with their boosted cars somewhere along the lines.
It's your fuel map. You got a nasty hole.

Thats why you're unloading in third.
Just lengthen the injector pulse another millisecond, tune the NOS time, and you'll run nines