Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Mini me on GAS!? will it hold?>

Old 04-13-2011, 07:20 AM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: Mini me on GAS!? will it hold?>

Originally Posted by NoLag
It does not hurt the motor! Improper tunning hurts the motor.
So he could spray a 100 shot and the engine would be fine if it was tuned properly?

Nitrous adds extra power, and the engine must be able to handle the extra stress from the extra cylinder pressure. If the engine isn't able to withstand the extra cylinder pressure, no amount of tuning will keep the engine from getting damaged.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:45 AM
NoLag
Registered Member

NoLag NoLag NoLag NoLag NoLag NoLag NoLag NoLag NoLag NoLag NoLag

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
So he could spray a 100 shot and the engine would be fine if it was tuned properly?

Nitrous adds extra power, and the engine must be able to handle the extra stress from the extra cylinder pressure. If the engine isn't able to withstand the extra cylinder pressure, no amount of tuning will keep the engine from getting damaged.
He only wants to spray a 50 shot, that motor should be able to handle that with no problem.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:28 AM
kadafiz
Registered member

kadafiz has disabled reputation

agreed i blew my d series with 100 shot... but before that i had a 50 shot.. 50 shot is the way to go but you will end up wearing it out if u dont care do it..

I had a ls swap ready becuz i knew the d16 would blow..
Old 04-13-2011, 10:08 PM
The real Ryan
Type-R; Tight Car

The real Ryan has disabled reputation

So many myths in this thread, Nitrous by itself is not flammable, It just helps the combustion proses of the fuel. It does not hurt the motor! Improper tunning hurts the motor.

The safest way to keep that 40-45 mpg and make more power is to spray the motor plain and simple.

Op if you want real info on spraying your car, heres a writeup http://www.go-fast.org/z28/new_to_nitrous.html
He only wants to spray a 50 shot, that motor should be able to handle that with no problem.
Talk about apples to oranges.... Get some exp with nitrous and honda motors before you give out anymore "advice".

Originally Posted by ryanherington
And this dude obviously doesn't know what he's doing so he doesn't really need to be adding a flammable gas into an engine, that's looking for trouble.
Oh yeah this guy would def. blow his shit up, I agree. But in the hands of someone that knows about A/F ratios, ect. the little d-series will suprise you with a few hundred bucks put into the engine
Old 04-13-2011, 10:34 PM
NoLag
Registered Member

NoLag NoLag NoLag NoLag NoLag NoLag NoLag NoLag NoLag NoLag NoLag

Originally Posted by The real Ryan
Talk about apples to oranges.... Get some exp with nitrous and honda motors before you give out anymore "advice".

Your point its? The writeup is for lsX cars but all the math and what you need to set up the car correctly is the same.. Honda are not some magical engine that responds to power adders differently.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:25 AM
The real Ryan
Type-R; Tight Car

The real Ryan has disabled reputation

Your point its? The writeup is for lsX cars but all the math and what you need to set up the car correctly is the same.. Honda are not some magical engine that responds to power adders differently.
Right. They aren't. They also don't respond to a 50 shot of nitrous "with no problem" either. The intake vlave on a D-series has prob 1/4 of the material used in an LSx valve. A 50 shot makes a lot of heat on the scale of a honda motor. So like I said that is comparing apples to oranges.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:41 AM
crasy87rexsi
certified asshole

crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi

i tell u what ya sumbitch id spray that lil damn honder motor till the sumbitch blows i used to spray a 150 shot on my 5.0 mustang booy(best god damn car EVER fucking made i tell u what) that damn honder motor awt to hold a 50 shot dont be a pussy ya sumbitch woooooo fuuuccckkk im gonna go hop in my big fuckin mud truck and play in da mud hell i spray that sumbitch to when im in the mud and that shit aint throwin it up i hit that damn nos button there and sumbitch does mud get every where
if u aint first u last wooooo fuuuucckkkk ya sumbitch
Old 04-14-2011, 11:43 AM
Dillweed
Registered Member

Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed

Originally Posted by crasy87rexsi
i tell u what ya sumbitch id spray that lil damn honder motor till the sumbitch blows i used to spray a 150 shot on my 5.0 mustang booy(best god damn car EVER fucking made i tell u what) that damn honder motor awt to hold a 50 shot dont be a pussy ya sumbitch woooooo fuuuccckkk im gonna go hop in my big fuckin mud truck and play in da mud hell i spray that sumbitch to when im in the mud and that shit aint throwin it up i hit that damn nos button there and sumbitch does mud get every where
if u aint first u last wooooo fuuuucckkkk ya sumbitch
You're really mad.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:47 AM
crasy87rexsi
certified asshole

crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi

Originally Posted by Dillweed
You're really mad.
actually im pretty happy right now, but when ever i scroll up and see that god damn mustang i want to just shoot people lol