Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

95 accord lx, huge wiring problem.

Old 04-17-2011, 04:50 PM
JustaGSR18
I <3 MY EG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JustaGSR18 has disabled reputation
Default Re: 95 accord lx, huge wiring problem.

Originally Posted by audiophile24
Save yourself some time pull the dash and rewire the whole chassis and underdash harness from a wrecked accord. Make sure you take the clusterz from the donor vehicle as well.
LOL "save time"
Old 04-17-2011, 06:05 PM
DURHUR
Banned

DURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by audiophile24
Save yourself some time pull the dash and rewire the whole chassis and underdash harness from a wrecked accord. Make sure you take the clusterz from the donor vehicle as well.
I'm really,really trying to avoid this.

Originally Posted by JustaGSR18
why did you take the cluster out? did you swap it or something?
Replace some bulbs.

Some new shit is happeneing now...i went through the side marker wiring,nothing.

Looked over the cluster/dimmer switch wiring and saw nothing there either.

Now for the weird,my headlights (passenger side is normal,drivers side is very dim) stay on with the key out and the combination switch stalk on off.Also smelling burnt wire/seeing smoke which i traced to a wire coming off my headunit harness that goes to nothing.It was very crispy,but touched nothing else and i do not see how that would have anything to do with my problems.
Old 04-17-2011, 06:55 PM
DURHUR
Banned

DURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these parts

FML.

Figured it out.I'm to embarrased to post what happened on here..but it was very small.

Thanks to everyone.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:27 PM
JustaGSR18
I <3 MY EG

JustaGSR18 has disabled reputation

damn lemme guess the dimmer wire at the radio harness was never taped off and touched ground?
Old 04-18-2011, 08:12 AM
Dubee88
TonzAGunz

Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88

what was wrong with it? im definitely curious...im saying dimmer too
Old 04-18-2011, 09:49 AM
DURHUR
Banned

Originally Posted by Dubee88
what was wrong with it? im definitely curious...im saying dimmer too
Dimmer switch was out,and apparently when i tested it with my test light it wasn't grounded properly.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:42 AM
Dubee88
TonzAGunz

Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88

gotcha