Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

O2 Sensor

Old 04-25-2011, 09:59 PM
jmiller1846
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jmiller1846 has disabled reputation
Default O2 Sensor

My check engine light came on after i did my swap. Im assuming its because the o2 sensor was not in. I have just got one and it has 4 wires come off of it. How and where do these wires go in at. Oh and its a b16a motor
Old 04-25-2011, 10:19 PM
unuzual kustum
QUOTES YOUR DUMBASS

unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum
Default Re: O2 Sensor

Originally Posted by jmiller1846
My check engine light came on after i did my swap. Im assuming its because the o2 sensor was not in. I have just got one and it has 4 wires come off of it. How and where do these wires go in at. Oh and its a b16a motor
Find the plug that has the opposite end the 02 sensor has and your good to go. It'll be on the passenger side of the engine bay in front, behind, or around the dizzy location.

Also pull the CEL codes and see what it says.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:00 PM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Wire up the O2 sensor and then worry about what the CEL codes are. The O2 sensor connects directly to the ECU, so there is a plug somewhere that should have an O2 sensor connector on it. What type of connector it is will depend on what harness you are using, but obviously you need the correct sensor for the ECU you're using regardless of what plug is on the harness.

You're not going anywhere fast if you don't have a functional O2 sensor.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:30 PM
unuzual kustum
QUOTES YOUR DUMBASS

unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Wire up the O2 sensor and then worry about what the CEL codes are. The O2 sensor connects directly to the ECU, so there is a plug somewhere that should have an O2 sensor connector on it. What type of connector it is will depend on what harness you are using, but obviously you need the correct sensor for the ECU you're using regardless of what plug is on the harness.

You're not going anywhere fast if you don't have a functional O2 sensor.
Shouldn't he find out what CEL's he has and save time and possibly another trip to the autoparts store?
Old 04-26-2011, 05:41 AM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by unuzual kustum
Shouldn't he find out what CEL's he has and save time and possibly another trip to the autoparts store?
If he already has the sensor then why would he be going to the auto parts store...?
Old 04-26-2011, 08:49 AM
unuzual kustum
QUOTES YOUR DUMBASS

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
If he already has the sensor then why would he be going to the auto parts store...?
The way I interpreted it was there is no plug on the end hence just 4wires.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:58 AM
boredom
management

boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom

sounds like a universal 4-wire o2 (which are junk). you need to return it, if possible, and buy one specific for your car. or you could get your ecu chipped to not look for an o2 sensor output, but be prepared for super shitty gas mpgs