Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Camping and kayaking

Old 06-16-2011, 03:59 PM
spidsta
i see you! ಠ_ಠ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta
Default Camping and kayaking

Hey guys
I'm looking for a good campground in the outer banks. I did a bit of research here and google but I'd like more information from people with first hand experience. I'm planning on camping with a few friends, maybe 6-8 of us. We plan to bring our own tents; water and electricity isn't needed.

From what I've read, Frisco Woods is a good place to go. For anyone whos stayed there, what are some good things to do around there? I really want to kayak, so if anyone could suggest another place where thats available, I'd be most appreciative. It doesn't even have to be in the outerbanks - a lake is fine.

The last time I went camping in the woods was in Boy Scouts, so it's been a while. Thanks for reading.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:13 PM
FS FTW
Got Swagg?

FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW
Default Re: Camping and kayaking

First one that comes to mind is KOA in Rodanthe. Right on the beach, shower facilities, nice little place. Spent a few nights down there for my 22nd birthday. Got shit faced around a campfire on the beach..stumbled back to the tent..crashed..lol.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:26 PM
SpeedJunkie
Registered Member

SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie

You don't want Frisco woods unless it is a holiday weekend and you want to make reservations. Stay at the NPS campground in Frisco which is on Billy Mitchell Road right past the airstrip. Has direct beach access and you are right next to a ramp if you bring 4x4s. $20 a night per site. Problem is no reservations.

http://www.nps.gov/caha/planyourvisit/campgrounds.htm
Old 06-16-2011, 07:47 PM
wesnot
artsy fuck

wesnot wesnot wesnot wesnot wesnot wesnot wesnot wesnot wesnot wesnot wesnot

Frisco woods is great, my parents have been going every year for 30+ years, and I've been going since I was born. Never been any time other than Memorial day though. I suggest you go kayaking on the sound, Frisco has kayaks for rent as it is right on it. Plus they have relatively nice bathrooms/showers so you aren't completely roughing it.
Old 06-17-2011, 03:05 PM
spidsta
i see you! ಠ_ಠ

spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta

thanks

I'm not sure why the Frisco Woods website isn't working but since there are kayaks for rent there, I think we'll be going there. is a reservation required?
Old 06-17-2011, 03:13 PM
wesnot
artsy fuck

wesnot wesnot wesnot wesnot wesnot wesnot wesnot wesnot wesnot wesnot wesnot

hmmm... I have no clue, we've always made reservations a full year ahead of time (just cause of the holiday) so I'm not sure about their walk-in policy. Their website is working fine for me though. If it still doesn't work for you, here's their number if you wanna give em a call and ask

(252) 995-5208

Last edited by wesnot; 06-17-2011 at 03:17 PM.
Old 06-17-2011, 05:06 PM
spidsta
i see you! ಠ_ಠ

Is it www.outer-banks.com/friscowoods/ ? Because all I get is a page of code. Thanks again
Old 06-17-2011, 05:24 PM
SpeedJunkie
Registered Member

SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie

http://www.thefriscowoodscampground.com/
Old 06-17-2011, 05:25 PM
Qwiksillva
Registered Member

Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva

Camping in Frisco was the best camping experience I've had. I highly recommend getting a spot on the water.