Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

integra axle wont go in

Old 07-17-2011, 08:31 AM
boredom
management

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom

Originally Posted by twinturbomeow:7230704
Originally Posted by -__-
If the axle is for a 97 driver side, it won't work, completely different.
no i meant removing the driver side and installing the passenger side before installing the driver side
Different side of the trans not to mention a half shaft. Not gonna work
Old 07-17-2011, 08:34 AM
twinturbomeow
Banned

twinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these parts
Default Re: integra axle wont go in

soooooo anyone ever have a problem like this ?
Old 07-17-2011, 10:22 AM
WheelPowerRacin
Registered Member

WheelPowerRacin has disabled reputation

Is the clip right? At the track once a guy had the same problem, and it was the circlip mashed up on the end of the axle. In his case we took the circlip off the old axle and put it on the new one. Is the old circlip on the old axle you took out? If not it may be in the tranny. If it is still on the old axle (therefore you know its not in the transmission), remove the circlip from the new axle and see if it will install without it. If it does I wouldn't run it that way, but the process of elimination will generally lead you to the issue.

PS-- the transmission "side" makes no difference on the axles. The difference is that the 94 up integra has a "male" half shaft. Therefore the axles are different (one male/one female). On the 91-93 Integras (female half shaft) left and right axles are the same (male), and interchange with the 94 up right side axle. On my track car (94 Civic LS/VTEC with Type R hydraulic tranny) I use a 91-93 half shaft (with corresponding transmission seal). This allows me to carry 1 axle as a spare for both sides.

Last edited by WheelPowerRacin; 07-17-2011 at 10:37 AM.
Old 07-18-2011, 05:02 AM
wright
Registered member

wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright

What he is trying to say is that someone told him that it make a difference in the order that the axels are put into the trans, not trying to put the drivers side axel into the passengers side.

Like I said it does not make a difference which side is put in to the tran first.

Either you have a problem with the diff or the axel.

Also the complete story might help as well. I talked to the OP over the weekend and he stated that the shop that changed the clutch was able to put it back together and take it for a test drive. When out on the test drive the passengers side axel decided to walk out of the trans.

OP, good luck with getting it fixed.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:55 AM
twinturbomeow
Banned

twinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these parts

^ he is correct, after clutch was installed the car was taken for a testdrive. 10 seconds after shifting into 2nd the axle had popped out. now it refuses to go back in. im about to go insane and beat on it with a rubber mallet until it decides to go in or break something. Im gonna try getting axles for integra type r from advanced auto and a friend said 97+ prelude axles will also fit so ill post back after trying the axles or breaking something.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:35 PM
SPAWN
I <3 My DSM

SPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud of

if the shop "test drove" it and it happened, than they need to be the ones to figure out/fix the issue. than again, they installed axles that "popped" out....that says something right there...
Old 07-19-2011, 05:28 PM
Gen_Crunchytoes
i pooped a squirrel

Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes

Originally Posted by twinturbomeow
^ he is correct, after clutch was installed the car was taken for a testdrive. 10 seconds after shifting into 2nd the axle had popped out. now it refuses to go back in. im about to go insane and beat on it with a rubber mallet until it decides to go in or break something. Im gonna try getting axles for integra type r from advanced auto and a friend said 97+ prelude axles will also fit so ill post back after trying the axles or breaking something.
Type r axles wont fit, theyre a 36mm hub. Unless of course you have a 5 lug setup installed. Whenever I have this prroblem I just wiggle the axle while applying pressure to get it to slide in
Old 07-25-2011, 07:23 PM
twinturbomeow
Banned

turned out to be the diff