Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Quality paint job/ bodywork in 757???

Old 07-27-2011, 03:02 PM
MORE IMPATIENT
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT
Default Re: Quality paint job/ bodywork in 757???

Originally Posted by nftuatn

Edit...either a bad batch of primer,paint or something...I've yet to have it happen again...it was his Buick and this caddy...both the same black ...so I font know....
same thing happened to me on the most gorgeous integra Ive ever painted. Was my buddy trav's. It was a light gold champagne color. I wish I had some pics of it but I dont, Ritz took some photos of it but they arent posted anymore. It was the sealer though, not primer. Had stripped this car down after 3 maaco paint jobs that it had on it. Did a crap load of bodywork, primer,blocking etc. sealed it,Sprayed it, layed the clear and this car was so freaking beautiful. He had it for about 6 months and I started to notice some discoloration on the quarter panel, than on the roof, and fender a few weeks later. Looked like the sealer was reacting with the paint under the clear, it wasnt peeling but it was just looking different and it was happening in random spots. I took it up to mattos and was like, hey...wtf is happening here ? it had to be a material problem cause Id been using the same shit for years. I had never had a problem prior and they said there was a bad batch of sealer distributed and I got some of it,a few other painters had the same problem and had came to show them. It was all warrantied so they gave me all new materials, sealer, paint and clear but it had been a few weeks since the visit to mattos and my buddy sold the car. So I used that material on my hatchback ha....Ive never had a problem since but that kinda shit does happen. Just sucks that it happened on one of the sickest cars Ive ever done.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:39 PM
nftuatn
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

Possibility...who really knows...but like I said,is redo it...but Matt would rather not I guess...
Old 07-27-2011, 05:40 PM
Sun Wukong
Havoc

Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong

Can i has his free paint job? <3
Old 07-28-2011, 05:54 AM
Hijacker
Registered Member

Hijacker Hijacker Hijacker Hijacker Hijacker Hijacker Hijacker Hijacker Hijacker Hijacker Hijacker

Use his free paint job on my car

I was gonna suggest nftuatn, but I guess the OP already made his mind up.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:41 PM
SubieChik
LXRY STI

SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik

Originally Posted by MORE IMPATIENT
weve done countless amounts of suby's.
Don't ask me how many times I have been there......

Each time I have been more than pleased though

Hey Rick, you guys by any chance have anymore little gray decals? Joey gave me one a while ago and the letters started to peel up and I would really like to replace it with another one.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:10 AM
MORE IMPATIENT
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

the decal that was on your fender ? (at least I think it was on your car, something with a 4 on it that a guy from maic made for you ?)... or an som sticker ?

we have plnety of som stickers, but if I recall correctly we had that decal made for you to replace the damaged one since they werent available from that guy anymore.. Im sure it can be done again.

Last edited by MORE IMPATIENT; 07-29-2011 at 03:13 AM.
Old 07-29-2011, 04:39 AM
SubieChik
LXRY STI

SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik

A som sticker. That Flat4 sticker Joey was supposed to have made for me but I don't know what ever happened about that one....not too worried about it though...
Old 07-29-2011, 04:48 AM
MORE IMPATIENT
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

HAHA. I think thats at the shop, I remember seeing it like 2 months ago........but your guess is as good as mine to what happened to it now.

and we have a bunch of stickers last time I checked, mostly white but probably have some silver ones laying around somewhere.