Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

b18b spun bearing?

Old 03-31-2004, 04:31 AM
JAvenger
not a noob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JAvenger has disabled reputation
Default b18b spun bearing?

well, this is the problem, i have a spun rod bearing in a b18b block. i opened it up to replace the bearings, but the color code on the bearings are worn off, i cant see them, so what am i to do???? is there a way to figure out what the color or bearing i need???? please help!!!!
Old 03-31-2004, 04:37 AM
CHAHONDA
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA
Default Re: b18b spun bearing?

Originally Posted by JAvenger
well, this is the problem, i have a spun rod bearing in a b18b block. i opened it up to replace the bearings, but the color code on the bearings are worn off, i cant see them, so what am i to do???? is there a way to figure out what the color or bearing i need???? please help!!!!
so all of the bearings have been worn off
Old 03-31-2004, 05:20 AM
Bert
hybrid no more :(

Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert

there is a letter on the crank and a number on the rod... based on this letter and number combination you can get the color... look in any manual... most likely you can't just put bearings in and it'll be ok.. you need to spec the crank and the rod to make sure they are still round... most likely they are out of round you need to take them to machine shop and hopefully they can fix it and stay in spec... also you MUST plastiguage... i've spun 2 rod bearing so it feels like second nature for me...
Old 03-31-2004, 08:36 AM
MORE IMPATIENT
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

if you spun a rod bearing, throw the crank in the trash can.........
Old 03-31-2004, 09:17 AM
Cpt. Non-Spell
Speak&Spell Anyone?

Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell

Originally Posted by MORE IMPATIENT
if you spun a rod bearing, throw the crank in the trash can.........

yeah i second that one... say ffuck it and just get a stroker kit... but to be seriouse take it to a machine shop
Old 03-31-2004, 12:00 PM
Jestible
BRB, shark week.

Jestible Jestible Jestible Jestible Jestible Jestible Jestible Jestible Jestible Jestible Jestible

Spinning rod bearings will normally end up having shit shoot around in your block, normally having pieces of it breaking apart and tearing the fuck up out of your crank. You can either replace it, or if it isn't to bad get it machined down. Then again, you might be lucky and have no real damage... doubt it... but hey...