Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

AFR too high what to do about it?

Old 08-17-2011, 10:43 AM
jhholloway
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jhholloway jhholloway jhholloway jhholloway jhholloway jhholloway jhholloway jhholloway jhholloway jhholloway jhholloway
Default Re: AFR too high what to do about it?

Originally Posted by -JB-
Change out the map sensor.
Map sensor switched out, and no difference it started and ran the same.
Originally Posted by B20?
Bad o2 sensor?
Not getting a CEL, not that that's inclusive, but it's an indicator. Also it doesn't use a o2 after it's been tuned. I am guessing when tuning they disable the heater and all. But I am no expert. I also loaded a stock LS tune on to a S300 and did use the o2 it obviously still ran rich

Originally Posted by Jarrod
It should be a bit leaner at idle. Like dartonh22 said, what is your partial throttle at like 40mph looking like?

(BTW. Are you spraying the car? Why have such a big injector in it?)
(BTW BTW. I had a 81.5 12.5:1 LS motor. RMF header. Crower 404s. Gasket Matched head with me being bored with a dremel. 65mm TB with a Skunk manifold. Made 190 140. Only motor I had that more mid-range than that setup is my b20vtec.)
It jumps around between 13.8 and 13.2 depending on the fan/misc loads at an idle. At 40mph obviously depending on the gear, but cruising it looks like 11.3 in forth just maintaing speed. Under any load the A/F is never sees 12's.
Why the injectors? Well, b20 injectors don't fit into a LS manifold; so I had to buy some. I saw the 370's for a real good deal, and I said well it does that enough room for improvement, and I needed them ASAP.

Originally Posted by AdrenalineAuto
Hey,

I just ran across this thread, why haven't you told me anything about this. But it definitely sounds like something has changed. If I was to guess, the fuel pressure. But either way give me a call, and bring the car in so I can look at it.

Phil
804-525-6738
Just gave you a call and left a message with Dan. But to answer your questions, basically I was just trying to make sure that this is not something that was my fault. like a bad sensor or broken vacuum line. I wanted to check all my basis before hand.

Last edited by jhholloway; 08-17-2011 at 11:10 AM.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:48 AM
-JB-
Fitty Tuckin

-JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB-

Wonder if one of the injectors is faulty.

Is the car boggin at WOT or falling on it's face? Can you smell it running rich? You positive it happens at WOT or any time else?
Old 08-17-2011, 11:15 AM
jhholloway
Registered Member

jhholloway jhholloway jhholloway jhholloway jhholloway jhholloway jhholloway jhholloway jhholloway jhholloway jhholloway

Originally Posted by -JB-
Wonder if one of the injectors is faulty.

Is the car boggin at WOT or falling on it's face? Can you smell it running rich? You positive it happens at WOT or any time else?
Faulty injector? I will check them with a meter. I am positive it happens at WOT but it happens all the time, but more obvious at WOT. Yes, you can smell is running rich. I would have to say that it is boggin more than falling on it's face. it seems that it's drowning and not getting anywhere.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:20 AM
-JB-
Fitty Tuckin

-JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB-

The only things causing fuel to be dumped would be injector, FPR, or the ecu. Even if you had a vac leak, it wouldn't cause the car to dump fuel like you say. It would fall on it's face more with a vac leak. Also you can spray carb cleaner or brake cleaner around the intake manifold and over vac lines to see if the car drops rpms to check for vac leaks but I wouldn't think this was the cause of your issue.