Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Integra rear glass question

Old 08-27-2011, 11:02 PM
SyedUmarAhmad
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad
Default Re: Integra rear glass question

Originally Posted by nftuatn
thats too easy....everyone always overlooks the easy solution....at least he isnt looking for another shell to swap everything over
that wasnt overlooked, im pretty sure I know what shop fabrik8s talking about because thats where this whole mess started. Theres a shop off fullerton alllll the way down where i scheduled an appt and CLEARLY STATED i needed a replacement glass for the rear. I doive there and the moron looks at me like "...........oh, we dont make aftermarket rear glasses, only front. but i can help you find one and install it." So he calls a couple junk yards and quotes me $300 for a used rear glass he found in maryland, plus 150 for installation.

Needless to say, I told him to go to hell.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:13 AM
Gen_Crunchytoes
i pooped a squirrel

Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes

450 installed for new glass isn't bad considering the glass new from honda costs almost 900 before shipping and having a new hatch painted by a decent shop will cost about 500 not including the trouble to install it.

In my eyes udungewfd
Old 08-28-2011, 07:47 AM
thermal
TurboPipingSystems

thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal

the third brake light is required for state inspection. Mine was the same. The spolier is removed out of my GSR. What I did was buy the third light for an LS ($15) then I mounted it myself on the plastic side using two screws and a little improvision. Real easy project.
Old 08-28-2011, 03:36 PM
SyedUmarAhmad
Registered member

SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad

yea, idk. my tegs a 98 GS and i dont think i have the inside rear light, i think it came on the wing which the priovious owner took off although he still had a valid inspection soo..... idk? i had no idea that was a requirement.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:08 AM
mike703
Registered member

mike703 has disabled reputation

What color is the op's car i may have some paint laying around and if i do ill shoot it for next to nothing, just to help him out.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:26 PM
SyedUmarAhmad
Registered member

Originally Posted by mike703
What color is the op's car i may have some paint laying around and if i do ill shoot it for next to nothing, just to help him out.
silver ! thatd be a big help
Old 08-29-2011, 03:36 PM
mike703
Registered member

mike703 has disabled reputation

what color silver there are many. look in your door jamb there should be a color code.