Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

My take, on the Ariel Atom.....and the "experience".

Old 08-29-2011 | 04:57 AM
MORE IMPATIENT
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT
Default Re: My take, on the Ariel Atom.....and the "experience".

gotcha.
Old 09-03-2011 | 02:27 PM
asump07
Registered Member

asump07 has disabled reputation

I had a great time with my group at VIR. That little thing accelerates crazy!! We were very fortunate with our group and were hitting 95-110 on the back straight. We had the guys 3 series smoking by the end of the second run. I thought it was a blast and well worth the 500. If you want to flat out race the car you have to purchase one and can join the series I am sorry you did not have the same luck.
Old 09-04-2011 | 01:57 PM
MORE IMPATIENT
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

the guy leading our groups that day was driving the same car as us, no 3 series, I had read elsewhere about the beamer being the pace car. With the guy driving an ariel I figured he would push it a bit more, but no. I was def dissapointed overall. Yea, I mean its a fun little car, cool to drive,nothing mind blowing. Acceleration was fine. I was not as impressed as you were obviously, mainly cause it felt similar to some of the cars Ive put together in the past or cars that I had at least driven before. Im certain that if we would have been able to really drive these things, it would have been a much better experience overall.
Old 09-05-2011 | 03:30 PM
asump07
Registered Member

They were talking about doing a second class later this year running the whole track. Not sure if it would be be follow the leader or not. I would probably do it again since I had a great time and highly recommend the experience as a whole. With the exception of overheating two of the cars, one of them blew coolant all over the engine. I thought I was going to have to buy the thing, lol. They had only been put together for a week or so at that point. You might follow up with them about the second class and see if it is going to happen and if it would be more to your liking. If not I hope you find something that you will enjoy. Best of luck.
Old 09-05-2011 | 07:39 PM
vbspec
Yes I race a HONDA!!

vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec

sorry guys but 95 - 110 isnt much at all... ive run my dads 108hp crx up the climbing esses at those speeds.. on street tires...

vinny is right about just needing a cheap reliable car and have fun.
and listen to your instructor.... god i had this girl one time who didnt listen for shit... bad ass teg with a jdm front but she was hard headed as hell.... lol jk jen... you did great
Old 09-05-2011 | 08:00 PM
MORE IMPATIENT
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

Originally Posted by asump07
They were talking about doing a second class later this year running the whole track. Not sure if it would be be follow the leader or not. I would probably do it again since I had a great time and highly recommend the experience as a whole. With the exception of overheating two of the cars, one of them blew coolant all over the engine. I thought I was going to have to buy the thing, lol. They had only been put together for a week or so at that point. You might follow up with them about the second class and see if it is going to happen and if it would be more to your liking. If not I hope you find something that you will enjoy. Best of luck.
Oh they told us about a second class. and they can eat dicks. They were talking about it being about at the 2k dollar mark, or more. FUCK THAT.

Originally Posted by vbspec
sorry guys but 95 - 110 isnt much at all... ive run my dads 108hp crx up the climbing esses at those speeds.. on street tires...

vinny is right about just needing a cheap reliable car and have fun.
and listen to your instructor.... god i had this girl one time who didnt listen for shit... bad ass teg with a jdm front but she was hard headed as hell.... lol jk jen... you did great
well hurdur 95-110 isnt much, thats why it wasnt as awesome as Ive read about it being and thought it was going to be. Race car of my own is definitely in order for track days.

and Ill be right with ya, ill most likely buy a honda to track.
Old 09-06-2011 | 05:37 AM
notsogoodfeline
wharlgarbl

notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline

Originally Posted by vbspec
shush up. you love me and you're just mad mine had more power than yours.
Old 09-07-2011 | 02:35 PM
asump07
Registered Member

Best of luck with them eating dick. LOL.