Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

distributor and harness trouble

Old 11-13-2011, 05:56 PM
2_slow_2_go
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold
Default distributor and harness trouble

ok so im swapping the f22b vtec into my 94 lx non vtec accord, i got the ecu, and a the whole motor but when i started to plug eveything up i realized that the stock distributor on my car has an external coil but the vtec f22 has an internal coil, i went lookin through the junk yards and it seems that is the vtec f22s all have the internal coils and when i called the parts stores the employees had no idea if the distributer was vtec or not (if that even matters) but my main question is that would my stock harness with the external coil plug and the stock non vtec distributor work and if not do they have external coil vtec distributors? if not is there a way i can wire it for the plug to work with the internal coil? please help if you can
Old 11-14-2011, 03:06 AM
2_slow_2_go
Registered Member

2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: distributor and harness trouble

up
Old 11-14-2011, 03:20 AM
wright
Registered member

wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright

You have to convert the car from external to internal coil. I did it years ago but I cannot remember how I did it. I know that you have to take the three wires that are going to the existing external coil and wire them into the new distributor wiring.

At this point www.google.com will be your best friend.

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=348699
I am not sure if the pictures are working or not since my work computer blocks some stuff.

Last edited by wright; 11-14-2011 at 08:57 AM. Reason: found some information
Old 11-14-2011, 11:36 AM
2_slow_2_go
Registered Member

thanks bud helpful info