Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Anybody know about the Audi Coupe (i.e. B2 Typ81/85)?

Old 01-30-2012, 03:48 AM
jarrett2k
ConflictedFelon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k
Default Re: Anybody know about the Audi Coupe (i.e. B2 Typ81/85)?

Originally Posted by Archer
i also don't like the fact that that generally their control arms are usually made out of different metals that like to fuse together around the balljoints.
That my friend is a true motherfucker to have to deal with.

yessir. i have no idea why BMWs get such a bad rap. they're pretty user friendly as far as most maintenance stuff and parts on the more common vehicles (e34, e36, e46, e39) are relatively inexpensive. i will say that BMW v8 cars like the 740/540 and the v12 cars are significantly more expensive.
Because most people maintenance them like an average person does a honda or toyota. They change the oil whenever they get around to it and get mad when it breaks down.

Marlin:
I myself don't mind doing maintenance on cars and whatnot when i have the free time, but even I would never own an Audi. Most problems they come up with are stuff that a dealer has to fix.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:45 AM
keefboz
Audi Fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz
Default Re: Anybody know about the Audi Coupe (i.e. B2 Typ81/85)?

you ever replaced the steering rack on a newer audi? it's a pain in the ass. i also don't like the fact that that generally their control arms are usually made out of different metals that like to fuse together around the balljoints.
To be fair though all new cars are made to fuck you over into taking it into the dealership. I could see myself doing everything on my Audi, as long as I had a lift (hobby shop) and a mate.

marlinspike - you know what the engine code is for the Audi you were looking at?