Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

hesitation issues h22

Old 12-16-2011, 11:41 AM
hondaslutt
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hondaslutt is infamous around these partshondaslutt is infamous around these partshondaslutt is infamous around these partshondaslutt is infamous around these partshondaslutt is infamous around these partshondaslutt is infamous around these partshondaslutt is infamous around these partshondaslutt is infamous around these partshondaslutt is infamous around these partshondaslutt is infamous around these partshondaslutt is infamous around these parts
Default Re: hesitation issues h22

Originally Posted by gameoverr96
i think you have a dead spot on your TPS sensor.. if you have a volt meter test your TPS signal with the key in the on position and open the throttle all the way you should have a reading very close to 5 volts anything less and there might be your problem
this seems probable. since my cel is on for tps now.
Old 12-16-2011, 11:42 AM
hondaslutt
Banned

hondaslutt is infamous around these partshondaslutt is infamous around these partshondaslutt is infamous around these partshondaslutt is infamous around these partshondaslutt is infamous around these partshondaslutt is infamous around these partshondaslutt is infamous around these partshondaslutt is infamous around these partshondaslutt is infamous around these partshondaslutt is infamous around these partshondaslutt is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by 83Stang5.0
Let me know when you want me to fix this thing for ya, no P13 crosses over at 5K rpms
how so. mine has always crossed at 5k??? its crossed perfect at 5k for a year. till this.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:31 PM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Stock for H22A is 5200 RPM, which is close enough to 5k for the tach to resolve while the needle is moving fast. It's just splitting hairs really.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:50 PM
hondaslutt
Banned

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Stock for H22A is 5200 RPM, which is close enough to 5k for the tach to resolve while the needle is moving fast. It's just splitting hairs really.
no offense. you do know a lot more than me.
but, ftr its an h22a4 (dont know if it matters) and the needle goes up pretty slow in 3rd and 4th. im almost positive it crosses at 5k. ive hit a lot of vtec in the last year lol.
but i have the limiter at 119mph. so doesnt that mean its the jdm ecu?
Old 12-17-2011, 02:21 PM
hondaslutt
Banned

bump. any more input??

come on fabrik8 i know you have something to say to make everything make sense, thats what you do all-knowing wise one lol
Old 12-17-2011, 02:45 PM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

I would say it's a TPS or MAP problem, and the likely culprit is the TPS if you're getting a TPS CEL. You've got an aftermarket intake, and a larger than stock throttle body, so it's very possible that the stock fuel and ignition tables aren't exactly great for the new parts. Larger throttle bodies and intake manifolds will have a different flow rate and flow velocity than the stock parts for any given throttle position, so it's common to run into a situation where you have a strange combination of MAP and TPS readings that don't correlate with the flow into the engine and are therefore different than what the stock fuel/ignition tables are calibrated for.

But yeah, fix the obvious TPS problem first.
Old 12-18-2011, 04:42 PM
hondaslutt
Banned

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
I would say it's a TPS or MAP problem, and the likely culprit is the TPS if you're getting a TPS CEL. You've got an aftermarket intake, and a larger than stock throttle body, so it's very possible that the stock fuel and ignition tables aren't exactly great for the new parts. Larger throttle bodies and intake manifolds will have a different flow rate and flow velocity than the stock parts for any given throttle position, so it's common to run into a situation where you have a strange combination of MAP and TPS readings that don't correlate with the flow into the engine and are therefore different than what the stock fuel/ignition tables are calibrated for.

But yeah, fix the obvious TPS problem first.
thank you so much. i will fix the tps. i think it is just calibrated wrong. and i don't think its the throttle body. since the problem was already there before that was installed. which makes me think it isnt the tps since the cel was not on at all until i had to readjust the tps. and the problem was still there. hmmm...
Old 12-20-2011, 09:36 AM
hondaslutt
Banned

working on fixing the tps. tried messing with it before work but im starting to think i need a profesional. its pretty difficult. or my tps is broken, dont know yet.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:18 PM
hondaslutt
Banned

Ok new tps. And no more check engine light. Is there any way the vtec solenoid is bad??? It's still hesitating. But only at full throttle. And If I wait a week or so i can pop vtec perfectly like 10 or 12 times before it starts again.

Last edited by hondaslutt; 02-09-2012 at 04:20 PM.