Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

6K or 8K HID for my Integra?

Old 02-12-2012, 07:29 AM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: 6K or 8K HID for my Integra?

Originally Posted by J90lude
If you do get HIDs....for the love of God! Please do a retro fit. That got damn glare is the worse! Anyway imo I'll go with 4k especially on a night like this with all this snow. Visibility >>>
All HIDs that don't come with the car are retrofits. That's what retrofit means. What are you talking about?
Old 02-12-2012, 09:31 AM
White Devil
Banned

White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil

The only HIDs Im getting are rear-facing high-aimed hidden popup kits.

Just the thing for when a douchebag flashes his HIDs in my rearview mirror because my Ford pickup is not RACEKAR. (Yes. It would be illegal... duh...)
Old 02-12-2012, 11:30 PM
Dylank811
Registered Member

Dylank811 Dylank811 Dylank811 Dylank811 Dylank811 Dylank811 Dylank811 Dylank811 Dylank811 Dylank811 Dylank811

I would do 6K, I don't really prefer super blue headlights. I prefer pure white, which I believe is around 5k. I think of it as sunlight; I couldn't imagine walking around in blue light all day.

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
All HIDs that don't come with the car are retrofits. That's what retrofit means. What are you talking about?
I think he means those cheap HID bulbs that you can get. They're not true HIDs and they have no cut off, so they just blind everyone.

Last edited by Dylank811; 02-12-2012 at 11:33 PM.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:52 PM
spicy_mchaggiz
Spicy! Spicy! Spicy!

spicy_mchaggiz has much to be proud ofspicy_mchaggiz has much to be proud ofspicy_mchaggiz has much to be proud ofspicy_mchaggiz has much to be proud ofspicy_mchaggiz has much to be proud ofspicy_mchaggiz has much to be proud ofspicy_mchaggiz has much to be proud ofspicy_mchaggiz has much to be proud ofspicy_mchaggiz has much to be proud ofspicy_mchaggiz has much to be proud ofspicy_mchaggiz has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ProPixel
Im rocking 6K's (35W) on my non-hid ITR front and as long as you adjust the beam pattern is not a problem at all.
I'm sorry but you are wrong. If you adjust to aim down, you lose forward light, if you point up you blind people.

Originally Posted by shayan703
Thats why I've narrowed it down to these two because all the other ones are too bright and will attract to much attention the only difference between these is a mere shade of blue
There is a difference, and anything past about 4500K you start to lose visible light to the human eye. Buy some bulbs and save for a retrofit, not this bullshit "conversion" plug n play.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:38 PM
jdm monkey
LIKE A BOSS

jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
retrofitting a projector with a cut-off into the headlight housings