Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Alignment for lowered cars and powercoating?

Old 02-04-2012, 01:11 PM
TNGChris
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris
Default Re: Alignment for lowered cars and powercoating?

You could just request they add 1/4-1/2 degree more camber in the rear.That should take care of it.
Originally Posted by 4CED-FED
I definitely will, thanks guys. So I will haveadjustable rear camber...I don't know exactly how much negative camber that I will need to clear my rear wheels (won't be super ridiculous, but I rub ever so slightly right now on the very outside edge, all it does is take the dirt off the tire, don't cut the tread), so will they be able to set it to whatever I need for the wheel to clear the fender? Do they have a way of messing with the the camber arms to get to a point where my wheels will not rub anymore, or is this something I will have to do on my own? Forgive my noobness on this...I've never messed with camber and such before. On my previous car I only had a camber correction kit installed - didn't go with adjustable camber. Any info is appreciated.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:00 PM
.Sarge.
EDM|Mugen|MK3 CRX

.Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge.

Originally Posted by TongWoo
Protocol Automotive in Floyd for alignment. He has a super low setup.
This. Although the shop has changed names and is now called Joe's Garage.

Consistently does great work, and always gets my car when I don't have the time or specific equipment to tackle the job.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:50 AM
boostedb1mmer
Registered Member

boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer

Just sharing a little experience: i went to firestone at tanglewood mall yesterday for an alignment. All the guys seemed very knowledgeable and alignment went smooth as can be. I don't have an drop or custom suspension so i can't say how that would go, but i'm very happy with the results i got.
Old 02-24-2012, 06:36 AM
4CED-FED
Bewst!!!

4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED

awesome, thanks for the review. I spoke with a guy I went to school with growing up, and he works for a shop in Bedford and said he would align it for me. So i may check into that.
Old 02-24-2012, 06:41 AM
4CED-FED
Bewst!!!

4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED

this is the alignment rack that they have:

http://www.techshopmag.com/Article/8...alignment.aspx

I don't know if it's any good or how it compares to what other shops have, but thats what he told me they have. Anyone know if this is any good?