Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Fellow DSMers DIY UIC Pipe...

Old 04-19-2004 | 04:42 PM
GaRn
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of
Default Re: Fellow DSMers DIY UIC Pipe...

he welded the pipes together? shouldnt he have beaded?

do you have any pics? i guess it has nasty splatter on the inside right?
Old 04-19-2004 | 07:17 PM
elementalwindx

elementalwindx has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by 16g-95gsx
Well bro, my personal advise, save up for DSMlink first, screw the UICP and GM unit for now. The 2g unit flows near identical to the 2g MAS, and with DSMlink to can calibrate your hacked 2g unit to read identical to a stock MAS (not just fuel compensations but also airflow compensations), so you'll flow near identical to the GM unit, and in all honesty the venting this is way overrated, I've ran both the HKS SSQV as well as the Greddy Type S bov in both configurations (vented and recirc'd) and I noticed NO difference, theoretically its there, but seriously its just bench racing and in the real world you wont notice a single bit of difference unless you're using a crappy valve such as the stockers.

The UICP can be done later down the road, but again I highly advise DSMlink over your current choice. I talk from experience, running DSMLink V2, the GM MAFT, and an HKS SSQV currently, so I'm not just spitting a bench racers idea to you, but rather my own personal advise. Having the fuel and tuning capabilities of dsmlink is so much more than most DSMers ever dream of, and having that your ENTIRE modding life is something that should definately be aimed for before the latest new trend.

I drove a 2g blast gs-t for a week that had dsmlink and the guy let me tune it and all such things i know a fairly good bit about dsmlink for someone who does not own it. I mainly want it to tune and to get rid of my check engine light for that emissions code (lovely removal of emissions)

Plus those IC pipes SUUUCK, ask garan, he helped me slap the crap on to do our runs on the track and they still messed up on the way home and left us stuck on the side of the highway. They are a major boost leak in several places, even at the bov flange. and these metal pipes have a metal bov flange. but these guys at the local shop here recut the pipes exactly from where they were welded, and I did not know you could do that lol. They told me they will rework and rebend the pipes to fit and just charge me 30$ + $18 for the 2 2.25in silicone couplings. I should have went there in the first place Well you live and you learn. Then I will buy a 55$ lower IC pipe from RRE or some place that I cannot remember right now, or if I get bored maybe I'll make it from that flex pipe I bought. Then I should be boost leak free for the first time since I have owned that lovely dsm

Last edited by elementalwindx; 04-19-2004 at 07:21 PM.
Old 04-19-2004 | 07:39 PM
Spooln4
I <3 2JZ

Spooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond repute

V2 DSMLINK ownzz juuu...

I am running an hks ssqv vented on stock 2g mas. It drives fine, not jerky at all.

Plus when I use the No Lift To Shift feature ( I don't have to lift off the gas while shifting), my bov doesn't open anyways because my throttle body doesn't shut. So venting isn't a factor when racing.

The 2g MAS flows really good, I would hold onto it until you are flowing something like 52lbs of airflow .
Old 04-20-2004 | 04:10 PM
elementalwindx

elementalwindx has disabled reputation

Well for $30 + $18 for the silicone couplings I got those pipes reworked and it fits perfectly. I see no way these things will come off now. I have them hanging up on some rope w/ 2 coats of pasti-dip on them The way the first welder did my flange, he made it so now my bov is like hidden and I have to get a longer dump tube and whatever that small tube is that goes to my intake. but it looks sweet Big props to "Never 2 Low" in wilm, nc
Old 04-20-2004 | 04:28 PM
GaRn
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

take some pics so we can see how it turned out!
Old 04-20-2004 | 05:51 PM
cootees
Ivy Tadita

cootees will become famous soon enoughcootees will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by elementalwindx
Well for $30 + $18 for the silicone couplings I got those pipes reworked and it fits perfectly. I see no way these things will come off now. I have them hanging up on some rope w/ 2 coats of pasti-dip on them The way the first welder did my flange, he made it so now my bov is like hidden and I have to get a longer dump tube and whatever that small tube is that goes to my intake. but it looks sweet Big props to "Never 2 Low" in wilm, nc
Now you just need to hide that little t25 of yours.