Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

94 civic lx w/ jdm d15b bogs around 50mph

Old 04-30-2012, 06:44 PM
widebody91hatch
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
widebody91hatch has disabled reputation
Default 94 civic lx w/ jdm d15b bogs around 50mph

1994 Honda civic lx 4 door automatic
Jdm d15b

I just bought this car today and have not really turn into it yet but have not encountered this type of issue before. The runs great at idle and drives fine until you hit around 50mph. It seems to shift fine and does not slip. When you get to 50mph it will not accelerate anymore. If you mash the gas at this point it downshifts like an automatic should so I do not believe it to be a transmission issue. What I did notice is that the vtec solenoid is blocked off and is missing(seeing as the lx didn't come with vtec). I do not know if not having vtec hooked up in a vtec motor would cause this type of problem or not. I have considered the converter but it only happens at 50mph and not before. Maybe a fuel issue or something but I am a little stumped at this point because I have never dealt with a vtec motor that does not have vtec hooked up in a non vtec car... Any serious info or pointers will be greatly appreciated. Thanx
Old 05-01-2012, 09:02 AM
widebody91hatch
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
widebody91hatch has disabled reputation
Default Re: 94 civic lx w/ jdm d15b bogs around 50mph

i will be changing the fuel filter, timing belt, waterpump, seals, and valve cover gasket tonight... but still am wondering about the bogging... i also will be cleaning the throttle body and then i will see if anything has changed.... let me know if anybody has experienced anything like this before