Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

autox or evolution driving school?

Old 01-15-2003, 05:52 AM
SilverNB
Girly Car Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SilverNB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default autox or evolution driving school?

which do you guys think would improve you as a driver more? autocrossing once (or twice) a month until May or taking phase I of the evolution driving school at the end of march? i only have enough money for one (unfortunately)
Old 01-15-2003, 06:20 AM
trader0231
Trophy Fodder Racing

trader0231 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default recommendation

honestly, I haven't gone to the school and I just did my 5th autoX. If I only had the money for one I would do the school.

The school from everything I have heard is great and you learn alot. I don't know how long you have been racing, your experience, but if you have bad habits or a lack of some knowledge then go to school and fix them. Racing is a blast but if you are having problems improving and want to improve more than correcting bad habits is better than reinforcing them.

I don't know what the school teaches or details on it but that is my advice. Summer is almost here and then you will be very ready for it.

Rob
Old 01-15-2003, 08:14 AM
jmciver

jmciver is an unknown quantity at this point

The key to becomming a better driver, be it for the track or auto-x, is seat time. Unfortunately, at the auto-x events you don't get much seat time (4 runs and maybe fun runs if you are lucky) and you get little to no instruction, which is key when you are starting out. That is why if there is a school on the same day as an auto-x (like a BMWCCA school for example), I go to the school since I get more seat time and instruction.

If you want to learn and really become a better driver, then I would recommend going to the school. If you just like to drive fast and don't mind the lack of seat time, then just continue to do an auto-x once or twice a month.
Old 01-15-2003, 08:17 AM
98sr20ve
Mr. Inconspicuous

98sr20ve is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by SilverNB
which do you guys think would improve you as a driver more? autocrossing once (or twice) a month until May or taking phase I of the evolution driving school at the end of march? i only have enough money for one (unfortunately)
School.
Old 01-15-2003, 04:57 PM
trip
///m thrizzle

trip has disabled reputation

i learned so much at the last school cause i could really felt what it was like to drive with warmed up r compound tires and holy shit! once you go r you aint going back!
Old 01-15-2003, 05:35 PM
SilverNB
Girly Car Pilot

SilverNB is an unknown quantity at this point

i got it, i realized ill be back from houston in time this summer to go to the schools in august, so ill just autox once a month till may then when i get back (and have some money saved up) ill do the schools. thanks for the info guys