Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Would Taking Off My Axle-Back Hurt ???

Old 05-07-2012, 04:15 AM
Jones
supermoto or bust

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones
Default Re: Would Taking Off My Axle-Back Hurt ???

Originally Posted by mikejones002100
Actually if the car is Boosted that would be a very good question..If the car is boosted then yes it will make a difference in the power gain since it has no restriction..Hence why when boosted you put 3'' exhaust on the car and not still use stock exhaust....On the other hand if the car is all motor and completely stock then yes he is a retard for taking the axle back off..A stock honda motor will run fine with a free flowing 3'' to a stock axle back with no issues and you wont feel any power gain from taking the axle back off..You may feel like its going faster just because if abnormally loud but really makes no difference and maybe will hurt the car if its a stock motor..There is all kinds of variable's that can come in to play in this question which none of them he stated.. So once again Boosted= take it off...All motor and stock= put it back on!!
Originally Posted by BAPE
So ive got a 2000 honda civic ex (ls swapped) it has dc headers that lead to a 3 inch downpipe and that leads to a stock tip outlet... i recently (yesterday) removed the stock tip cause it was lame as hell, my main question is will it harm my car in any way... it helped it hp wise though and it sounds epic, i can feel more power also and its located right behind my wheel sorta kinda..... pics below
Old 05-07-2012, 04:39 AM
mikejones002100
Registered member

mikejones002100 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Jones
Late night at work hahaha missed the DC Sports header lol... FAIL for having a DC sports header and more FAIL for having 3'' exhaust on a stock motor!! And even more FAIL for running straight 3'' exhaust with no axle back!! Don't forget FAIL on my part for not reading correctly hahahaha
Old 05-07-2012, 06:12 AM
b16EFsedan
peaches

b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan

Originally Posted by mikejones002100
Late night at work hahaha missed the DC Sports header lol... FAIL for having a DC sports header and more FAIL for having 3'' exhaust on a stock motor!! And even more FAIL for running straight 3'' exhaust with no axle back!! Don't forget FAIL on my part for not reading correctly hahahaha
i dont think JONES was saying dc sports is shit more than the wonder of how the hell there are 2 or more of them in there..lol "headers"
Old 05-07-2012, 09:22 AM
BOREDOMRULE
In TATTRAT we trust

BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE

GATOR just accidentally the whole thread
Old 05-07-2012, 10:42 AM
07Spec
Tonight... You!

07Spec 07Spec 07Spec 07Spec 07Spec 07Spec 07Spec 07Spec 07Spec 07Spec 07Spec

If it sounds like this, I'll find your car and light it on fire. That would be epic, too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYIhdzstnMY&