Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

HP on stock internals?

Old 06-07-2012, 01:18 PM
Protrixx
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Protrixx Protrixx Protrixx Protrixx Protrixx Protrixx Protrixx Protrixx Protrixx Protrixx Protrixx
Default HP on stock internals?

How much HP would you say is safe to make on stock b18b rods and pistons before i would need to go aftermarket for a upgraded set of pistons and rods?
Old 06-07-2012, 01:32 PM
gdupfromfeetup
last breath first

gdupfromfeetup gdupfromfeetup gdupfromfeetup gdupfromfeetup gdupfromfeetup gdupfromfeetup gdupfromfeetup gdupfromfeetup gdupfromfeetup gdupfromfeetup gdupfromfeetup
Default Re: HP on stock internals?

upper 280s safely I would guess. But spend the money, and get some pistons and rods.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:41 PM
slov02
Registered Member

slov02 slov02 slov02 slov02 slov02 slov02 slov02 slov02 slov02 slov02 slov02

Honda-tech my friend, I'm sure hundreds of people have asked this question! Also a lot of it is in the tune, just remember that!
Old 06-07-2012, 10:37 PM
Hooch
Sheeeit

Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch

Why bother? If your on a budget build just save up 300 bucks and get some h beams, wait til the following month and drop another 300 for forged pistons. Im assuming your going FI...which i would go ahead and invest the money in ARP head studs too. Anything worth doing is worth doing right the first time around, So its more than worth it to wait and get forged internals...unless you like destroying engines.

If your trying to boost on stock internals only because you cant afford to use forged and are trying to cut corners then you prolly shouldn`t be building a car :P. and like Slov said Tune, the tune IMO is the single most important part of this equation, It will make the difference between life or death for your engine.

I understand that there are people who have put down respectable numbers on stock internals and retained a certain degree of reliability on a good tune but to me it still kind of pissing in the wind and worth the peace of mind knowing you have the right parts for the job at hand, even if your doing just a low boost motor i suggest doing rods n pistons...CUZ RACEKORE

Last edited by Hooch; 06-07-2012 at 10:48 PM.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:49 AM
BLU CIVIC
Not-So-Fatty McFat

BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC

300whp is safe...after that is when you need to worry

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1323059