Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Any Shops in Chesapeake/Suffolk/Portsmouth Area that can do wheel bearing replacement

Old 06-27-2012, 03:30 AM
MORE IMPATIENT
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT
Default Re: Any Shops in Chesapeake/Suffolk/Portsmouth Area that can do wheel bearing replace

It certainly can and certainly has depending upon amount of bodywork, and the extent of the color change. Longer then that sometimes. Some people only want the door jambs done. Others want the engine bay, the entire inside of the car done plus all the jambs etc etc. Some people don't remove anything so dissassmebly and reassembly can be 4 days of just that. When a customer doesn't want to ever be able to tell,even if they removed the carpet and the headliner that the car was a different color......yes, it CAN take upwards of a month or so. When you consider the amount of bodywork that some cars need it can be upwards of 2 full weeks of just bodywork, prime, guide coat and block block block to get the the body straight. I specifically recall doing 2 weeks of bodywork and blocking on mclovins integra to get that shit slick. Than of course having to prime everything else and prep, than paint, than cut and buff, grinding all the welds in the engine bay and shaving it, dropping the steering and suspension stuff yadda yadda yadda.

I know how smart you are Fabby, and that you know prep work is not something to be underestimated in how long it takes to get something right and to make sure it lasts forever. Oh there are plenty of places that can do a full color change with bodywork in a week, but I would question the legitimacy of that prep work without pause.

Body/paint and mechanical I think are two totally seperate comparisons. Fabrication work and body/paint I think are more comparable.

but thats all for someone else to worry about now as I only have two more days left. ha

Last edited by MORE IMPATIENT; 06-27-2012 at 03:35 AM.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:52 AM
ShawnD
Troll & Run

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD
Default Re: Any Shops in Chesapeake/Suffolk/Portsmouth Area that can do wheel bearing replace

my trim piece came out good btw, but haven't put it on since that truck has broke down twice since I got it back hahaa