Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

In search of a new job

Old 04-29-2004, 04:18 AM
LudeDude98
Smee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LudeDude98 LudeDude98 LudeDude98 LudeDude98
Default Re: In search of a new job

Originally Posted by slimstajimsta5
what's West? and what do you do there? what kind of hours?

i was thinking dominoes in poquoson, or chickfila in kilnkreek
WEST is a big office type place where you take phone calls. Those infomertials that come on tv telling you to buy the "IGIA hair removal" or the "Powerflex"....well you take those calls from people wanting to buy those products. I've had many friends that work there that say its complete slack. You get paid 6+ an hour, you get your own desk. My friends say all you have to do is work a minimum of 8 hours a week or something like that. And you can go to this board/screen and add youself to any shifts to make more money, or you can take shifts off. I was gonna work there until i got my job at chilis. The only downside is A) its all the way in hampton and B) since its in hampton you got a lot of ghetto people workin there. Just an option id tell you about since you were kinda fried on restaraunts and stuff.
Old 04-29-2004, 05:51 AM
Saint_James
ungezogen mench

Saint_James is an unknown quantity at this point

Food Lion, all the way. I have never worked there, but the people I know who do, haven't quit yet.
Old 04-29-2004, 06:08 AM
VTFrontier
Cut,it,out

VTFrontier

definately wouldnt work at west. that place scares me. id recomend getting your CPR and lifesaving certs. and getting a job lifeguarding. its easy as shit, slack, and you get a nice tan in the process.
Old 04-29-2004, 07:09 PM
Slimsta Jimsta
Eat me.

Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta

Originally Posted by 9civic5
Come to Kroger. I'll see what I can do for you.
I'll keep it in mind, i think i'm just going to get a job a dominoes in Poquoson though for the time being because i would be able to basically make my own schedule, but parking next to my clone would be dope
Old 04-29-2004, 07:10 PM
Slimsta Jimsta
Eat me.

Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta

about Wests, i hate talking on phones.. so i'll pass on that one, plus hampton is a little out of the way(i think)
Old 04-29-2004, 07:26 PM
Dirk Dickbutt
Wanna taste?

Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt

Originally Posted by slimstajimsta5
well my current job in poquoson doesn't seem to promising right now(no i'm not on the verge of getting fired, the place i think is on the verge of closing down) I am just trying to think of some places that would hire a 16 year old. I don't want to work in a restaurant as a dish bitch, that's basically the only thing i can't stand really. Do any of you know of places nearby poquoson that are hiring and are good to work for and pay no less than 6 dollars an hour. I also go to highschool on the weekdays till around 230.

Just trying to find a cool place to work i guess. Throw out some ideas
well Jimmy, let me join in on the fray. I am kind of in the same boat with you now since I am getting out of the Navy in a month or so and trust me it sucks balls trying to find jobs. What types of things are you into? In know that you are 16 but that still should not stop you from getting at least a decent job somewhere. Have you thought about restaurants or anything? Or working ar stores? That shit is not really my cup of tea but I will work wherever I have to pay the bills you know? Think about it.

-Dan