Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

91 CRX B16 Help

Old 02-06-2013, 05:37 AM
T-Hybrid#2
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
T-Hybrid#2 has disabled reputation
Default Re: 91 CRX B16 Help

You check the rotor button inside the cap?? Make sure it didnt come loose or break??
Old 02-06-2013, 07:57 AM
oneCAMonly
Registered member

oneCAMonly has disabled reputation

dude i had the same problem with my ls crx si. it ended up being my main relay. had the same problem in my h22 eg hatch. ended up being the main realy. change your main relay and im sure you will be fine. its a 30$ part from advanced or go to the junk yard and get one for free.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:56 AM
Somalia
Don't quit!

Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
You're saying that it can't be broken because it wasn't broken before, but something broke.
:P
Old 02-06-2013, 04:31 PM
usn_crx
Registered Member

usn_crx has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by oneCAMonly
dude i had the same problem with my ls crx si. it ended up being my main relay. had the same problem in my h22 eg hatch. ended up being the main realy. change your main relay and im sure you will be fine. its a 30$ part from advanced or go to the junk yard and get one for free.

I'm not sure if i found the main relay...I found a four blade that is directly above the hood release. Is this the main relay, or should I keep looking?
Old 02-06-2013, 04:54 PM
T-Hybrid#2
Registered member

Originally Posted by usn_crx
I'm not sure if i found the main relay...I found a four blade that is directly above the hood release. Is this the main relay, or should I keep looking?
No that is not the main relay.. The main relay is mounted to side of the car/door area.. Your in the right area. Just have to pull the little change holder thing out and look in there to the left. Most likely will have to pull out the 10mm bolt holding dash right next to the hood latch release and even take the hood latch release bolts out just to move it aside. Then slightly pull forward on dash to get your hand in there to get the main relay. The main relay has 7 wires running to it. Sort of the shape of a rectangle . has a bracket with a 10mm bolt mounting it to the wall directly under A pillar.

Last edited by T-Hybrid#2; 02-06-2013 at 05:02 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:46 PM
usn_crx
Registered Member

usn_crx has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by T-Hybrid#2
No that is not the main relay.. The main relay is mounted to side of the car/door area.. Your in the right area. Just have to pull the little change holder thing out and look in there to the left. Most likely will have to pull out the 10mm bolt holding dash right next to the hood latch release and even take the hood latch release bolts out just to move it aside. Then slightly pull forward on dash to get your hand in there to get the main relay. The main relay has 7 wires running to it. Sort of the shape of a rectangle . has a bracket with a 10mm bolt mounting it to the wall directly under A pillar.
I found it...I should have googled it BEFORE I asked the question. I took it out, and re-soldered all the joints, in case one was bad, but the thing still doesn't start. I guess that doesn't mean that one of the contacts inside isn't broken. I can feel it click when i turn the key on, when the CEL goes out, and when I crank. Maybe I just need to get a new one and see what happens.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:27 AM
T-Hybrid#2
Registered member

If it clicks and you can hear the fuel pump kick on then its working... Did you check the fuses under the hood?? Ecu/hazard fuses??
here is a test..if you have a multimeter...

1. Remove the main relay.
2. Attach the positive battery terminal to the #4 terminal and the negative battery terminal to the #8 terminal of the main relay. Then check for continuity between the #5 terminal and the #7 terminal of the main relay.
a. If there is continuity, go to step 3.
b. If there is no continuity, replace the relay and retest.
3. Attach the positive battery terminal to the #5 terminal and the negative battery terminal to the #2 terminal of the main relay. Then check for continuity between the #1 terminal and the #3 terminal of the main relay.
a. If there is continuity, go to step 4.
b.If there is no continuity, replace the relay and retest.
4. Attach the positive battery terminal to the #3 terminal and the negative battery terminal to the #8 terminal of the main relay. Then check for continuity between the #5 terminal and the #7 terminal of the main relay.
a. If there is continuity, the relay is OK.
b. If the fuel pump still does not work, go to harness test.
c. If there is no continuity, replace the relay and retest.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:43 AM
Somalia
Don't quit!

Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia

Originally Posted by usn_crx
I found it...I should have googled it BEFORE I asked the question. I took it out, and re-soldered all the joints, in case one was bad, but the thing still doesn't start. I guess that doesn't mean that one of the contacts inside isn't broken. I can feel it click when i turn the key on, when the CEL goes out, and when I crank. Maybe I just need to get a new one and see what happens.
If you hear it click and the fuel pump is coming on maybe its a short somewhere in the wiring.
Or bad grounds, corroded terminals on the battery. I've had a similar issue in my EF.
How many miles on your chassis?
Old 02-07-2013, 05:45 AM
Somalia
Don't quit!

Just wondering, is it still trying to turn over or just a click and nothing else now?
Old 02-07-2013, 06:35 AM
Somalia
Don't quit!

I just had the same issue on my DC Integra. Sanded down all the grounds and contacts, started right up first try.
Like literally just now.