Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

What should I pay for?

Old 02-12-2013, 06:03 PM
rollingstock
yes sir

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rollingstock has disabled reputation
Default Re: What should I pay for?

Originally Posted by Mr White
You could have at least humored me with a reason if you were going to take the time to post.

-Sport bikes are a bit more unforgiving to a new rider, if this is their first bike a sport bike such as the GSXR isn`t going to take to the common mistakes of a new rider in such a friendly fashion. Not to say you`re only going to hurt yourself on a sport bike but sport bikes are in fact nothing short of a race bike with a headlight on it and will respond as such. Just because it`s a 600 does not make it any less of a threat.

-If this is not in fact their first bike BUT is their first sport bike why buy something new? You will make mistakes in the learning curve......and when you do you will feel a lot worse about your new bike being rashed up than your relatively used one. Either way new or used you will still get the same enjoyment from riding regardless. If this is an issue of looking cool on a new bike then they are hopeless anyway.

-What wrong with exploring your options and looking for a better deal?
how are they unforgiving?. the're 100-300lbs lighter. brake better. easyer to shift, corner safer, better on gas, i can go on.. hes talking about a gsxr600 not a 1000 or busa.. have you rode a new 600? most have modes, timming retards. even with the that off they still dont make power under 8k.. and diff not going to flip over or over power you from a stop or even a roll.. i understand what your saying i just disagree .. you rather him go buy a 10year old 650 honda shadow? that weights a ton, is under powered and brakes like shit?. or some shitty home build chopper that has no brakes, runs like dog shit?

im not a fan of a gsxr's at all. iv never owned one nor will i ever. but they are nice for beginners, or a weekend rider.. easy as hell to ride, parts are cheap and easy to find. good on gas..

you new guys wonder why no one post in here? b.c if someone disagrees with the shit you say, your nut riders will jump in and act like billy bad asses.. im sorry iv been in the motorcycle game for a very long time. i do this shit everyday..
Old 02-12-2013, 06:11 PM
rollingstock
yes sir

rollingstock has disabled reputation

and i will say if i was him, i would look into a used 848evo or 675r or mv f3 or zx6r but thats just me.. some people like the way gsxr's feel.. i dont understand why
Old 02-13-2013, 07:02 PM
Hooch
Sheeeit

Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch

Originally Posted by rollingstock
how are they unforgiving?. the're 100-300lbs lighter. brake better. easyer to shift, corner safer, better on gas, i can go on.. hes talking about a gsxr600 not a 1000 or busa.. have you rode a new 600? most have modes, timming retards. even with the that off they still dont make power under 8k.. and diff not going to flip over or over power you from a stop or even a roll.. i understand what your saying i just disagree .. you rather him go buy a 10year old 650 honda shadow? that weights a ton, is under powered and brakes like shit?. or some shitty home build chopper that has no brakes, runs like dog shit?

you new guys wonder why no one post in here? b.c if someone disagrees with the shit you say, your nut riders will jump in and act like billy bad asses..
el oh el, you can`t tell me a brand spanking new rider is safer on a sport bike.
There are only a million reliable and affordable options here...
I don`t have "nut riders" People post dumb shit and replies come in accordingly.

Thanks for the neutral rep?

Last edited by Hooch; 02-13-2013 at 07:08 PM.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:45 AM
Woodrow
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Originally Posted by rollingstock

im not a fan of a gsxr's at all. iv never owned one nor will i ever. but they are nice for beginners, or a weekend rider.. easy as hell to ride, parts are cheap and easy to find. good on gas..

you new guys wonder why no one post in here? b.c if someone disagrees with the shit you say, your nut riders will jump in and act like billy bad asses.. im sorry iv been in the motorcycle game for a very long time. i do this shit everyday..
Old 02-22-2013, 11:19 AM
Swampass
Registered Member

Swampass has a reputation beyond reputeSwampass has a reputation beyond reputeSwampass has a reputation beyond reputeSwampass has a reputation beyond reputeSwampass has a reputation beyond reputeSwampass has a reputation beyond reputeSwampass has a reputation beyond reputeSwampass has a reputation beyond reputeSwampass has a reputation beyond reputeSwampass has a reputation beyond repute

They are unforgiving because your margin for error is nil. The brake better, they handle better, and they go faster. The problem is, newer riders are not experienced to respond to emergency situations and are unable to effectively stop, steer, or power out of bad situations.

Too much brake? CRASH
Too much lean? CRASH
Too much throttle? CRASH

That's assuming they get all 3 actions right in an emergency. I've seen a lot of death grips on bars in emergencies and watched people target fixate and slam into stuff. I've done it myself as a new rider.

All of this happens in microseconds on a modern sport bike. And all of those events are potential game enders.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:30 AM
Swampass
Registered Member

Swampass has a reputation beyond reputeSwampass has a reputation beyond reputeSwampass has a reputation beyond reputeSwampass has a reputation beyond reputeSwampass has a reputation beyond reputeSwampass has a reputation beyond reputeSwampass has a reputation beyond reputeSwampass has a reputation beyond reputeSwampass has a reputation beyond reputeSwampass has a reputation beyond repute

having said that, there are better deals out there. I know dealers are selling 2012 ZX6Rs new for 7999.00