Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

94 Civic HG problem, radiator issue???

Old 03-20-2013, 09:31 AM
Lord Humongous
VaDriven Mayhem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous
Default Re: 94 Civic HG problem, radiator issue???

Originally Posted by hotsauce278555
Check to make sure da gas line dat suppose to goin to da charcoal canister not goin to the intake i had da same problem my lines got crossed sumwhea once i changes it it ran fine had my coolant and a gas line crossed
Are you fucking retarded or just unable to mash the keys correctly with your potato fingers?
Old 03-20-2013, 12:37 PM
BeefCake
Registered member

BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake

Originally Posted by hotsauce278555
Check to make sure da gas line dat suppose to goin to da charcoal canister not goin to the intake i had da same problem my lines got crossed sumwhea once i changes it it ran fine had my coolant and a gas line crossed
fuck so many racist thoughts entered my head as I tried to read this.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:21 AM
grant90
Registered Member

grant90 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by sleeperteg
The headgasket might have failed in a spot where it is not leaking coolant into the oil, however it could be leaking combustion into the cooling system and coolant into your combustion chamber. That would explain why you blew a hose and the sputtering/smoking.
Thanks for the reply, that makes a lot more sense now that I think about it. What would you say about it only happening once the car is heated up? Could it be because the coolant isn't circulating while it's cold?
Old 03-21-2013, 10:05 AM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by grant90
What would you say about it only happening once the car is heated up? Could it be because the coolant isn't circulating while it's cold?
The circulation is probably not to blame, because there is already coolant everywhere regardless of whether it is being circulated or not. However, the cooling system pressure increases with temperature, which is more likely the cause of the temperature dependent problem.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:44 AM
bradclay
Registered Member

bradclay has disabled reputation

Where is obd1 code found? Under dash?

Last edited by bradclay; 08-13-2013 at 09:59 AM.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:26 PM
btk2334
Registered member

btk2334 has disabled reputation

right side kick panel near the cu there is a 3 pin connector that should be loose... you can loop it to flash a code through the check engine light. One of the reasons the hot vs cold could be an issue is the way the ecu works regarding engine temp... its about open vs closed loop, changed the way it reads ever sensor and what it expects from the sensors... i had a similar prob ended up being the temp sender to the ecu had a short in the wire would sputter and stall once it was warmed up.... basically the temp the ecu thought the engine was operating at is not the way the other sensors are responding so it tries to adjust... codes really help but other than that check all the coolant issues like everyone else mentioned but definitely look for exposed wires, cuts, and nicks near sensors specifically anything coolant or temp related. most hondas use 2 senders for temp one for the ecu and one for the gauge cluster. But i would definitely look into that stuff