Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Hackers 2 -for the pc buffs here in western va...

Old 05-14-2004, 07:29 AM
vmspionage
SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage
Default Re: Hackers 2 -for the pc buffs here in western va...

Damn you! My technique is the best. My boss is the best. Damn you! I know rdist technique, I know Sendmail technique and my style is much better. Damn you don't you know who I am? Me and my friend, we'll kill you.

Hey boss, your kung-fu's really good!

That's right, my style, is the best.
Old 05-14-2004, 08:34 AM
Skywalker
Atheist.

Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker

Never even heard of this. Thanks for posting. I'll have to seek this one out.
Old 05-14-2004, 08:34 AM
RSX-T
T3T04E

RSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud of

I hate parnthesis, they confuse me . I read the Japanese character part and assumed it was in Japanese ?
Old 05-14-2004, 08:58 AM
HondaCrusher

HondaCrusher has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by iirnited
I hate parnthesis, they confuse me . I read the Japanese character part and assumed it was in Japanese ?
No, it's not japanese. the movie is based on a book called "Takedown: The capture of kevin Mitnik" and the guy who wrote is is actually the guy that helped the FBI to catch him. He is an asian man who worked as a communications expert for a cell phone company and became obsessive over catching mitnik after his computers were hacked. The worm that is the core object of the plot in the movie is actually fictional and wasn't in the book.
Old 05-14-2004, 02:08 PM
bensrex
RAWR!%!#%!#

bensrex is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, this is a little off topic.. but i'd be careful using bit torrent. I was using that at school, and I almost got my cable access taken away because RIAA or someone found out I was downloading.. and it was using bit torrent. Just giving you a little warning for those using bit.
Old 05-17-2004, 10:54 AM
Skywalker
Atheist.

Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker

Bit Torrent is not illegal; in fact it is used by companies in the media industry. Using it to share software and media that is not free IS illegal, just as it is with any other P2P.
Old 05-17-2004, 11:21 AM
chidoks

chidoks is an unknown quantity at this point

whats Bit Torrent and where can u get it?
Old 05-17-2004, 02:48 PM
RSX-T
T3T04E

RSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud of

Blizzard uses Bittorrent when they Beta released World of Warcraft.

Bittorrent is a file sharing program. You basically download while you upload. More information at http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/
Old 05-17-2004, 07:20 PM
Skywalker
Atheist.

Originally Posted by chidoks
whats Bit Torrent and where can u get it?
I checked it out on SuperNova. It was too goddamn confusing (I have a limited attention span and no cliffnotes were provided) so I moved on. But I read about it in Maximum PC. Basically, it is P2P but with less bandwith absorbency because it allows files to be downloaded in pieces from others who are downloading at the same time. It's still P2P and still illegal in most cases (because of the files being shared).

But fuck it; you want it? D/L it!
Old 05-17-2004, 09:06 PM
elementalwindx

elementalwindx has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Skywalker
Basically, it is P2P but with less bandwith absorbency because it allows files to be downloaded in pieces from others who are downloading at the same time.
....ROTFLMAO....who told u that piece of info? that was funny.....*laughing as my 450mhz is downloading 4 bit torrents and cant even keep up with my typing*.......

it slows my cable connection down to 1/4th the speed of dialup, same for dsl, and my friends shared t3. In order to download a torrent file you must also upload that same file at the same time to someone else. that is how you get the best speeds at the least. and in order to download, you must use a certain % of your upload to download, therefore if you are uploading too much you cant download but so fast. so in a way to me it is more like a double standard. but hey it works, its where I get my highest quality movies without being polluted by idiots sharing viruses and people purposly renaming files to be something its not. and madonna putting gay clips of her lecturing us about piracy. *shudders*