Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Holy shit........it happened!!!

Old 05-19-2004, 06:27 PM
Mr.6
Chillaxin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6
Red face Holy shit........it happened!!!

Well, im coming up on a stop light and i start reading the signal to see if it will turn green b4 i get to the line, and i realize it will, but i had already started downshifting and didnt realize what gear i was in (i think i thought i was in 4th but was in third, shit i may have even been in second. So the light turns green and the lanes become one lane a little after the light. Well, my dumb ass had down shifted again and got on the gas and released the clutch pretty hard. Next thing i know, my front end is sky fucking high in the air, and it scared me soooo much that my entired body tensed up and all i could feel was my legs grab the tank as hard as they could. My brain was telling my hand "Get off the gas you fucking idiot," and i came down a little fast but steady enough to not swerve or anything. Thats right, i did a wheelie. Not meaning to of course, cause i KNOW im not ready. My back still kinda hurts from how fuckin tense i got from going up like that. I dont see how most of you do that on the regular, that shit is crazy!!! It was fun, but it was soo scary, cause all i could think afterwords was "what if you gave it too much juice and got thrown off?" Oh well, lesson learned. I broke 900 miles today though, im movin on up
Old 05-19-2004, 06:30 PM
gear
Die reinste Bösen.

gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear
Default Re: Holy shit........it happened!!!

ive done that before on a dirtbike...but i didnt let go and accidently gave it more gas...needless to say i was dragged several feet and got the side foot peg in my leg... glad to hear yours ended up better... be careful!
Old 05-19-2004, 06:43 PM
Mr.6
Chillaxin

Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6

Originally Posted by gear
ive done that before on a dirtbike...but i didnt let go and accidently gave it more gas...needless to say i was dragged several feet and got the side foot peg in my leg... glad to hear yours ended up better... be careful!
No horror stories!!!!! I cant be hearing about the pain!!! Im sorry to hear things didnt work out for you. Sucks only being able to differentiate 1st gear from the rest (mine makes this wiered noise, but it sounds cool ). Oh well, got the ol adrenaline pumpin, but im taking a break for a day, that was a little too much excitement for me.
Old 05-19-2004, 06:54 PM
TheHub02ss
Biker WannaB

TheHub02ss is an unknown quantity at this point

Nothing like a little rush of adrenaline. Glad to hear everything came out alright.
Old 05-19-2004, 07:17 PM
kwth8n
Registered Member

kwth8n has disabled reputation

lol its not really funny cause you could have gotten hurt but i can see it happening in my head and i cant stop laughing im sorry man im glad your okay
Old 05-19-2004, 07:22 PM
Mr.6
Chillaxin

Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6

Originally Posted by kwth8n
lol its not really funny cause you could have gotten hurt but i can see it happening in my head and i cant stop laughing im sorry man im glad your okay
Ive had that wheel come up before, but next so much so that i was lookin up at the sky. It was unreal and very scarey.
Old 05-19-2004, 07:26 PM
Del La Sol 1320
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

glad your alright, now see why we stress starting on something smaller... if you were on a 1000 you would have been on your ass

i remember one of the first rides out on my 1000, i was used to this section of curves on my 750, which not only was slightly less powerful, but also had the gearing lowered, so this one curve i'd always exit in 2nd gear... well i'm going through it on the 1000, higher gearing and more power so apparently i went through what used to be a 2nd gear corner in 1st at about the same rpms, when i straighten the bike up exiting the corner i just slam on the throttle expecting it to gradually raise up in 2nd, instead it just immediatly shoots straight up to the skyand i let off real quick and come slamming down... the guys behind me didn't realize what happened, they just thought it was a crappy wheelie but i about shit my pants
Old 05-19-2004, 07:44 PM
Mr.6
Chillaxin

Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6

Originally Posted by Del La Sol 1320
glad your alright, now see why we stress starting on something smaller... if you were on a 1000 you would have been on your ass

i remember one of the first rides out on my 1000, i was used to this section of curves on my 750, which not only was slightly less powerful, but also had the gearing lowered, so this one curve i'd always exit in 2nd gear... well i'm going through it on the 1000, higher gearing and more power so apparently i went through what used to be a 2nd gear corner in 1st at about the same rpms, when i straighten the bike up exiting the corner i just slam on the throttle expecting it to gradually raise up in 2nd, instead it just immediatly shoots straight up to the skyand i let off real quick and come slamming down... the guys behind me didn't realize what happened, they just thought it was a crappy wheelie but i about shit my pants
I FULLY KNOW THE FEELING. That shit just snapped up to quick for me. If im gonna do a wheelie, i want it to be a nice gentle pull up, i thought this one was gonna flip the bike, so i just leaned as hard forward as i could ( i almost thought i was doing a slightly bent pull-up on the handle bars) and let off the gas a little gently and then hard and came down suprisingly well, not too much of a bounce at all, but still not something i was wanting/expecting to do.

Im just glad i wasnt going squid incase i did come down. I had gone squid a few days because my jacket is just way too hot, its a little more winter oriented (im picking up a new summer one VERY soon). Accidents can and do happen, and this one instance i got lucky, so i really cant stress how important gear is, because if i had fallen back, that spine pad would have really helped, but if it was there, i probably woulda snapped like a twig.
Old 05-19-2004, 10:06 PM
Jesus
Patron

Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus

always were gear!!! You never know whats will happen but i guess you already know that. Del La Sol explain everything else
Old 05-21-2004, 03:07 AM
CBR600F4
Va Beach Coast Rider

CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4

Originally Posted by Del La Sol 1320

I hope that EVERYONE reads this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!