Notices
Import - EUROPE Vehicles from European manufacturers go here.

1993 Corrado SLC VR6

Old 10-13-2014, 08:29 AM
rt.fontes
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rt.fontes has disabled reputation
Default 1993 Corrado SLC VR6

Name: Ryan
Means of contact: Text or call (213) 925-2739, or email ryan.taylor.fontes@gmail.com
Price: $3000 OBO

Description:

Rescued from a guy who had absolutely no mechanical knowledge whatsoever, I bought my Corrado back in March in Norfolk and have babied it ever since. I commute to ODU right now, and since I live about 20 seconds from the HRBT, pretty much all miles that have been put on it since I've owned it have been highway. This is my third Corrado, and even though I love em like crazy, it's time to move onto something else. Alright, so, to the car:

The Good: Like I said I've taken very good care of the car and have "grandma'd" it since I've owned it. 5 speed, fluids have been monitored and changed regularly, and the interior has been kept clean and well kept. Spoiler works as it should, rear windshield wiper works good, and everything has been kept stock. Interior is incredibly clean, aside from a few small hiccups (crack on the console next to the radio, broken rear view mirror (thank you, crazy ex-girlfriend!)). Other than that, the car runs, drives, and has been the most reliable Corrado I've come across (not to mention getting almost 34 MPG highway). Despite having about 200,000 miles, a rebuild was performed on the car shortly before I bought it, and the guy had receipts to back that claim up. It runs pretty good so I wasn't gonna contest it.

The Bad: Even though it runs great, there's still a few issues you're going to want to take care of -- when I bought it back in March, the previous owner had somehow managed to screw up the power brakes. Since I was transitioning from an older car anyways, I was used to not having power brakes in the first place, so it's never been a priority for me to fix. I believe it needs a new relay. Other than that, it brakes fine -- just gotta put a little extra muscle into it then normal. She has a couple of rust spots and a small dent on the door but nothing a cheap bondo job wouldn't fix (if you wanna go the easy route.) The sunroof isn't operational at the moment, but luckily the previous owner had an entire brand new sunroof motor and system packaged up in a box that I'll be including with the car. Again, a free fix if you have the tools and knowhow. Finally, you're going to need a new spark plug wire -- I had a brand new coilpack installed in the car and the shop who performed the job didn't tighten one of the plugs in all the way. When tightening the plug the next day, the wire is ripped very close to the plug. Still gets connectivity, but you're not getting the best gas mileage and performance you could be. This happened the other day so I haven't really had the chance to get that squared away.

The Ugly: You, without a Corrado.

This has been an amazingly fun car to drive, but like I said it's time for me to move on. I'm open to all cash offers. Just don't be a jackass and offer me a grand. Lmao

Pictures:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]183577[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]183578[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]183579[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]183581[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]183580[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20141011_164222.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	183577   Click image for larger version

Name:	20141011_164118.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	183578   Click image for larger version

Name:	20141011_164127.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	183579   Click image for larger version

Name:	20141011_164147.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	183580   Click image for larger version

Name:	20141011_164156.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	183581  

Last edited by rt.fontes; 10-14-2014 at 10:42 AM.
Old 10-14-2014, 10:43 AM
rt.fontes
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rt.fontes has disabled reputation
Default Re: 1993 Corrado SLC VR6

Bump!