Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

radar in the front bumper

Old 05-26-2004, 04:52 PM
elementalwindx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
elementalwindx has disabled reputation
Default radar in the front bumper

anyone know of any places with diagrams or how-tos on putting a detector in the front bumper? I am just extremely bord and I like to take appart shi* so I took my detector appart and it looks very simple, just cut 2 small 16 guage wires and extend them the length needed to reach my front bumper from the inside of the car. BUT everyone says it's harder than that. I'd just put the whole detector on the front of my car but the lil speaker is saudered onto the board itself. So does anyone know of any diagrams telling of ways to do it? for the SWS Early Warning Detector? I'm googling it now but I just wanted anyones better recommendations other than "lose the radar detector, its illegal blahblahblah, they dont work, blahblahblah" Heard all that b4.

Last edited by elementalwindx; 05-26-2004 at 04:59 PM.
Old 05-27-2004, 05:04 AM
ZeRo_C0oL
<3FreshieFresh<3

ZeRo_C0oL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: radar in the front bumper

What kind of radar detector are you using? If you're planning on using it in Virginia, I hope you figure out some sort of way to cut power to it with the flick of a switch so if you're hit with VG2 or instant-on you can at least have some sort of chance of getting away with it.

Good luck!
Old 05-27-2004, 08:57 AM
MeanGreenGSX
INCONCEIVABLE!

MeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to all

[QUOTE=ZeRo_C0oL]if you're hit with VG2 or instant-on [QUOTE]
what are those?? do cops really have some kind of detector of radar detectors or is that just a myth?
Old 05-27-2004, 09:07 AM
BigHead Ted
PandaMania

BigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these parts

yes they do. and when it hits you will know before the it says vg2 or laser. the radar dectetors make a total different sound. and it is instant full volume scream.
Old 05-27-2004, 06:21 PM
elementalwindx

Wink Re: radar in the front bumper

its all good guys the how-tos online I found were really stupid and all were the same, basically buy a valentine 1 and just run a bunch of phone lines to mount it on the rear view mirror and your done. really gay. but now mines on my front bumper and you cannot even see it unless you get under my car, and it takes a special lift or tow truck to look under it and yes I have a switch, also hidden in my carpet and the speaker hidden under my head unit and much louder than when it was in the detector. My cigarette lighter is soon going to be a EGR guage too so he cant say I have a source of power next time. jerk. grrrr blah. heh.
Old 05-27-2004, 08:45 PM
Ghostrider
Is it Friday yet?

Ghostrider is a jewel in the roughGhostrider is a jewel in the roughGhostrider is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by BigHead Ted
yes they do. and when it hits you will know before the it says vg2 or laser. the radar dectetors make a total different sound. and it is instant full volume scream.
Any GOOD radar detector is undetectable by VG2.
Old 05-28-2004, 03:28 AM
elementalwindx

I could wire up a switch/relay whatever so that when the vg light or laser light comes on it sends a signal to the switch, and turns it off lol. i wonder if its worth it tho.
Old 05-30-2004, 09:32 PM
GaRn
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

if it lets you know that it cuts off hehe.. sounds great, badass setup!
Old 05-31-2004, 07:54 AM
RSr

RSr is an unknown quantity at this point

I've run a hardwired V1 on my passenger visor for the last 3 years and have never been pulled over or asked about it. Granted my headliner is black and i have tinted windows but i dont even have to pull it off when i park.

http://filebox.vt.edu/users/cgerard/...r/DCP_1262.JPG