Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Recruiters?

Old 08-04-2009 | 11:19 AM
critt003
Registered member

critt003 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Recruiters?

Glad u made this shawn im also looking into the Navy good info in here.
Old 08-04-2009 | 01:09 PM
ls/vtecstitch
Whatever it takes

ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch

Im looking as well. Any recruiters out there that can help me get my foot in the door? I would really appreciate a pm. I do have a traffic record that seems to be holding me back but would like some info on getting around this speed bump.
Old 08-04-2009 | 01:32 PM
brokenboost
FML.

brokenboost brokenboost brokenboost brokenboost brokenboost brokenboost brokenboost brokenboost brokenboost brokenboost

Its been said before. If you are looking to just get in to see what the economy is going to do...an E-1 is an E-1 is an E-1. No matter what uniform your wear.

I cant really say much if you are leaning Navy but keep in mind that boat will always be waiting for you. Even if its unlikely, its still possible.

That being said there are tons of jobs to look at with your score so no rush.
Although the smart thing is to pick a skill that can be used on the outside. unlike me.

I'll have to put on resumes that I am a "call for fire expert"

Good job on joining if you are though. The military really isnt THAT bad of a gig. Just gotta play the game a little.
Old 08-04-2009 | 06:12 PM
blackout
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

anyone feel free to pm me if you want to find out more about the ct rates. prerequisites include at least a tolerable score on the asvab, although a couple buddies of mine scored in the 60s and i think even 50s and they're doing fine. there have been a lot of people washing out of ctn a school though, so some demonstrated understanding of basic computer networking concepts is definitely a plus.

also need a 'clean' history; nothing that can hold you up from getting a clearance. if you're a coke addict and have warrants, don't bother. minor offenses can certainly be overlooked though... the 'buddy' i went to the recruiter with decided it was in my best interest for him to tell the recruiter i smoked the reefer, i kind of wanted to punch him in the mouth. funny thing is, it actually was good that i got that out initially, as lying about it could have really come back to haunt me, particularly on background screenings or a polygraph. as long as you don't walk in there stoned, you should be fine. i would embellish a little bit if you are/were a habitual smoker as well, they don't tend to look too highly on that.