Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Suspended license on a seatbelt ticket?

Old 07-14-2009, 05:45 PM
1fastGTO88
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1fastGTO88 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Suspended license on a seatbelt ticket?

I just got a ticket for seat belt violation and my license didnt get suspended. I would really check into that. And by the way you might wanna keep an eye out for those cops out there Ive known some of them to be harsh on finding things to ticket people for
Old 07-14-2009, 05:49 PM
ShawnD
Troll & Run

ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD

Originally Posted by 1fastGTO88
I just got a ticket for seat belt violation and my license didnt get suspended. I would really check into that. And by the way you might wanna keep an eye out for those cops out there Ive known some of them to be harsh on finding things to ticket people for
Fuck them for trying to save lives. Stupid dumb heads.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:08 PM
OhShift!
Registered member

OhShift! OhShift! OhShift! OhShift! OhShift! OhShift! OhShift! OhShift! OhShift! OhShift! OhShift!

Originally Posted by 1fastGTO88
Ask a street racer. Any real street racer. Seat belts are for faggots.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:44 PM
marlinspike
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike

You guys do know they can't pull you over for failure to wear seat belt, right? Well, AFAIK, they tried to change it recently but IIRC it failed.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:11 AM
HEISENBERG
БЛЯДЬ!

HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG

And how much is it to get your license back? $150 or some ridiculous fee like that?
Old 07-15-2009, 03:25 AM
TATTRAT
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

Originally Posted by marlinspike
You guys do know they can't pull you over for failure to wear seat belt, right? Well, AFAIK, they tried to change it recently but IIRC it failed.
they can now, at least up here in NoVA.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:36 AM
marlinspike
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike

Originally Posted by TATTRAT
they can now, at least up here in NoVA.
Well, not under the state code

46.2-1094
"F. No citation for a violation of this section shall be issued unless the officer issuing such citation has cause to stop or arrest the driver of such motor vehicle for the violation of some other provision of this Code or local ordinance relating to the operation, ownership, or maintenance of a motor vehicle or any criminal statute. "
Old 07-15-2009, 06:09 PM
02StratusSE

02StratusSE is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't be of any help, but do have a question. I don't know if anyone else can help, but i got a seatbelt ticket in NC in april, I put it in my glove box and forgot about it till i went in there to get a light bulb out last week, and i came across it. The court date was in early June. I'm planning on paying the ticket this friday, but I'm still wonderin if the VA dmv would suspend my license for a NC seatbelt violation.
Thanks for any help.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:20 PM
SMOKEYBEAR
WHITE TRASH

SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR

Originally Posted by 02StratusSE
I can't be of any help, but do have a question. I don't know if anyone else can help, but i got a seatbelt ticket in NC in april, I put it in my glove box and forgot about it till i went in there to get a light bulb out last week, and i came across it. The court date was in early June. I'm planning on paying the ticket this friday, but I'm still wonderin if the VA dmv would suspend my license for a NC seatbelt violation.
Thanks for any help.
Yes, Va could/will suspend your license here. It will show as "fail to answer out of state citation" on your Va DMV transcript. Pay NC for the ticket and any late fees. You might want to check with Va DMV to see it it has made it "here" yet. If it has take the steps to reinstate your Va license.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:20 PM
marlinspike
ATGATT

Originally Posted by 02StratusSE
Thanks for any help.
Believe it or not, I'm going to recommend speaking with an NC lawyer. Which jurisdiction was it in? Some strange things can happen. But yes, if NC suspended you for it, VA does too. However, nunc pro tunc is a fairly regularly used tool in certain courts in NC (means now for then) so there might be a way to clean up the mess if VA DMW has already suspended you.

Quick Reply: Suspended license on a seatbelt ticket?