Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Need a couple parts painted...

Old 07-21-2009, 02:35 PM
C Ory
Works on S2000's.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory
Default Re: Need a couple parts painted...

Originally Posted by seventytimes7
If you chose not to go there, Nate @ Casey Collision painted my car and I was really impressed with the outcome, as I am sure many other people can agree ( maybe not everyone with the color but quality of paint). He also does side work too. Pm me if you would like his number.
I agree with this. Robs car looks amazing. The color, well it's not for everyone, but the body work, and paint itself is TOP notch.
Old 07-21-2009, 02:35 PM
Cobra4B
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

Originally Posted by elambz
Can we just make a sticky that says "Take paint work to Stock or Modified"? I don't know why people even ask this question anymore. I need to save up some money so I can drop off some parts with Ricky.
Beacause not everyone is happy with their work... most of the people who preach them as the "best" in the area really have no clue.

Being a former insurance adjuster I've worked iwth every body shop in the area... most people followed my targa build thread and know I had to have my car 100% repainted to get quality work.

Auto Elite re-did my car and did it correctly. I never posted the details on my experience w/ stock or modifed and I don't need to trash them. But to see people say they are the best in the area needs to be refuted.

I took my car there because I'd seen good work from their shop, but the standards expected by a guy getting a kit painted on a civic vs. a full re-do on a custom car are very different.

Last edited by Cobra4B; 07-21-2009 at 02:40 PM.
Old 07-21-2009, 02:46 PM
elambz
<3

elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz

edit: not worth it, i'm not gonna crap up this thread.

Last edited by elambz; 07-21-2009 at 02:51 PM.
Old 07-21-2009, 02:49 PM
Thurm@n
Still spinnin'

Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n

Uh oh, better get maaco
Old 07-21-2009, 02:51 PM
EGAS

EGAS has disabled reputation

Theres more then one paint shop.

Auto Elite does great work. As well as many other shops.
Old 07-21-2009, 04:18 PM
Jarrod
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Originally Posted by seventytimes7
If you chose not to go there, Nate @ Casey Collision painted my car and I was really impressed with the outcome, as I am sure many other people can agree ( maybe not everyone with the color but quality of paint). He also does side work too. Pm me if you would like his number.
I'll vouch.

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
Beacause not everyone is happy with their work... most of the people who preach them as the "best" in the area really have no clue.

Being a former insurance adjuster I've worked iwth every body shop in the area... most people followed my targa build thread and know I had to have my car 100% repainted to get quality work.

Auto Elite re-did my car and did it correctly. I never posted the details on my experience w/ stock or modifed and I don't need to trash them. But to see people say they are the best in the area needs to be refuted.

I took my car there because I'd seen good work from their shop, but the standards expected by a guy getting a kit painted on a civic vs. a full re-do on a custom car are very different.
And I've seen some Auto Elites cars come out like garbage for the amount of money put into them.
Not taking anything away from Auto Elite because SOM speaks VERY highly of Brian over there, IIRC thats his name.

And Cobra, from what I hear, you are leaving alot of details out of your side of the story and it should just be dropped.

My vote goes to Ricky and Joey @ SOM as they have some of the best customer service in this area as far as body shops.

And you are correct, he isn't the best in the area. Eddy winthrow(sp?) at Mercedes has painted some nice ass cars. Hell, my fathers car looks like a show car and it was painted by some random ass dude in a garage. Joey will admit he isn't the best but he will tell you straight up if you have a issue to give him a ring about it and it'll be taken care of.

Last edited by Jarrod; 07-21-2009 at 04:20 PM.
Old 07-21-2009, 05:07 PM
Cobra4B
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

Yes I'm leaving lots of details out so here goes:

1. I was quoted $2000 by a member of this site to paint the car because they wanted to get a "higher end" car through the shop that would get them notariety in the area... take them beyond civics etc. I hadn't made my mind up on a painter and my business was courted for lack of a better word.

2. My car got in the shop and the amout of work was more than they'd figured so the price jumped to $3000, but man that was still pushed to me as a great deal even though the original price was $2000... turns out one hand wasn't talking to the other.

3. The guys did a great job fixing some of the custom body work, no doubt there. No issues there. My roof corners weren't perfect and I didn't like the way my buddy filled the quarter panels so I had SoM re-do them w/ the proper materials and that work was top notch.

4. My car came out of paint all different colors. The clear coat consistency was a joke, there was trash throughout the paint, and the under part of the rockers wasn't covered at all. Turns out shop didn't have much experience w/ yellow and only put down 2 base coats.

5. Shop gets into a "I told you so" game because they had wanted to paint the car w/ all the panels together. This would have left paint lines and was not what I wanted or agreed to. I was going to pull my car from the shop prior to the paint job, but shop owner siad "F it, we'll get it right... I can do it." or somethign to that effect.

6. Shop agrees to re-do the car for more money over and above the $3000. Now I'm sort of up shits creek w/o a paddle so I agree to have them re-spray the car for another $1500. Car comes out the wrong color after having so much paint put on it. The orange peel is ridiculous and I'm told wet sanding isn't included and is extra. I also find some of the areas taped off to be painted black were not laid out well at all, very wavey taping. I pointed it out to shop ower and I was told, "Oh... well that was really hard to do." I pay them another $750 and agree to pay the rest when it was 100% done to my liking.

7. After this I eat $3750 of my own money for poor quality work. As I'm putting the car back together I notice what looks like air bubbles/distortion in the clear. It looked like if you put clear acrylic over yellow sand. Basically... when the car was re-repainted the base coat didn't cover the clear coat properly and it was showing through the final clear coat... basically I couldn't put the car back together with the paint in that condition. SoM wanted even more money to keep working on the car and by that time it needed to be stripped and re-done.

8. Auto Elite took care of the car, stripped it down and panel painted the car and got it all matching w/o issue. I spent another $5000 with Auto Elite to re-do the job that SoM couldn't do properly in the first place.

I took my car to SoM because my business was courted and I'd seen a few members cars on here that looked great. Turns out my expectations of show quality couldn't be met.

Not sure what else you're implying that I've left out, but I'm more than happy to discuss the issues w/ anyone. The job on my car was botched from the start when one person who supposedly worked for the shop was quoting prices to me. Shop owner used that to back out of the original price quote and kept on upping the price and in the end the work wasn't acceptable.

Last edited by Cobra4B; 07-21-2009 at 05:10 PM.
Old 07-21-2009, 05:17 PM
Cobra4B
Fanboi

For the record... I never posted any of that up becuase in my mind nothing positive would have come from it. I didn't have any desire to drag SoM through the mud and I had no way of recouping any money w/o suing them. All of our agreements were via web forum and verbal so it would have cost more in time/lawyer etc and wasn't worth the headache.

I cold have come on here and made a huge stink, but I didn't... no point. Some nice cars come out of SoM, but mine wasn't one of them... not even close.

Joe is a hard working small business owner... I'd like to see him succeed... I hope he learned some things through dealing with my car etc.
Old 07-21-2009, 05:41 PM
.eric.
Registered member

.eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric.

In the past, SoM has done work for me on three different vehicles:

Honda Civic - painted various body parts
Honda Pilot - repaired/painted front end/passenger quarter
Honda S2000 - painted various body parts

All three times, I've been completely satisfied with the finished product.

Right now, my Acura TSX is up there getting the rear end repaired/painted. I'm positive that I will be satisfied with the end result once again.

There is also a Jaguar and Viper up there getting work done, so obviously they've gained some notoriety on doing great work on other vehicles than Civics.
Old 07-21-2009, 05:46 PM
nftuatn
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

Yes I'm leaving lots of details out so here goes:

1. I was quoted $2000 by a member of this site to paint the car because they wanted to get a "higher end" car through the shop that would get them notariety in the area... take them beyond civics etc. I hadn't made my mind up on a painter and my business was courted for lack of a better word.

2. My car got in the shop and the amout of work was more than they'd figured so the price jumped to $3000, but man that was still pushed to me as a great deal even though the original price was $2000... turns out one hand wasn't talking to the other.

3. The guys did a great job fixing some of the custom body work, no doubt there. No issues there. My roof corners weren't perfect and I didn't like the way my buddy filled the quarter panels so I had SoM re-do them w/ the proper materials and that work was top notch.

4. My car came out of paint all different colors. The clear coat consistency was a joke, there was trash throughout the paint, and the under part of the rockers wasn't covered at all. Turns out shop didn't have much experience w/ yellow and only put down 2 base coats.

5. Shop gets into a "I told you so" game because they had wanted to paint the car w/ all the panels together. This would have left paint lines and was not what I wanted or agreed to. I was going to pull my car from the shop prior to the paint job, but shop owner siad "F it, we'll get it right... I can do it." or somethign to that effect.

6. Shop agrees to re-do the car for more money over and above the $3000. Now I'm sort of up shits creek w/o a paddle so I agree to have them re-spray the car for another $1500. Car comes out the wrong color after having so much paint put on it. The orange peel is ridiculous and I'm told wet sanding isn't included and is extra. I also find some of the areas taped off to be painted black were not laid out well at all, very wavey taping. I pointed it out to shop ower and I was told, "Oh... well that was really hard to do." I pay them another $750 and agree to pay the rest when it was 100% done to my liking.

7. After this I eat $3750 of my own money for poor quality work. As I'm putting the car back together I notice what looks like air bubbles/distortion in the clear. It looked like if you put clear acrylic over yellow sand. Basically... when the car was re-repainted the base coat didn't cover the clear coat properly and it was showing through the final clear coat... basically I couldn't put the car back together with the paint in that condition. SoM wanted even more money to keep working on the car and by that time it needed to be stripped and re-done.

8. Auto Elite took care of the car, stripped it down and panel painted the car and got it all matching w/o issue. I spent another $5000 with Auto Elite to re-do the job that SoM couldn't do properly in the first place.

I took my car to SoM because my business was courted and I'd seen a few members cars on here that looked great. Turns out my expectations of show quality couldn't be met.

Not sure what else you're implying that I've left out, but I'm more than happy to discuss the issues w/ anyone. The job on my car was botched from the start when one person who supposedly worked for the shop was quoting prices to me. Shop owner used that to back out of the original price quote and kept on upping the price and in the end the work wasn't acceptable.

For the record... I never posted any of that up becuase in my mind nothing positive would have come from it. I didn't have any desire to drag SoM through the mud and I had no way of recouping any money w/o suing them. All of our agreements were via web forum and verbal so it would have cost more in time/lawyer etc and wasn't worth the headache.

I cold have come on here and made a huge stink, but I didn't... no point. Some nice cars come out of SoM, but mine wasn't one of them... not even close.

Joe is a hard working small business owner... I'd like to see him succeed... I hope he learned some things through dealing with my car etc.

nice way of putting that last post....i would have been upset with the situation also...

but i dont know all the details...i do know that yellow needs a few more coats to cover than most colors...

also why couldnt they paint the car together???

i have done many color changes on cars..ie door jambs/hood/trunk etc...paint it all at once and have no tape lines...its just a matter of taping up the jambs and everywhere...and thats it...not awfully complicated...

Quick Reply: Need a couple parts painted...