Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

ACCESSPORT related question

Old 05-20-2011, 09:19 AM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: ACCESSPORT related question

Originally Posted by twinturbomeow
only difference was that the aem had a longer filter but i got ridiculous gains compared to the stage2 map with oem intake. but i was thinking of getting a quieter exhaust, any recommendations? I heard spt is great for street use, is a lil pricey tho. thoughts?
I'm not really sure how the power compares to the others on the market (there isn't going to be a lot of difference between 3" mandrel bent systems) but I really like the Borla stuff, sometimes listed as Borla Hush.. It's quiet and stock looking (they make single and twin tip stuff for my generation WRX). A couple of local guys have them and they're really stealthy and sound a lot better than most of the boxer exhausts out there. I'd have one on my car if I wasn't still poor from going back to school.

I can't say whether they make stuff for your 2010 though, I haven't looked. I really hate loud exhausts on boxer engines, they sound like absolute shit and amplify the not-firing-on-all-cylinders boxer sound. Unless you're talking about a Hayward and Scott system, which sounds like rally heaven.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 05-20-2011 at 09:32 AM.
Old 05-21-2011, 10:21 AM
Muncher
Registered Member

Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher

Not sure of they make it for the '10 but the Tanabe Medallion is a nice system as well as the Borla the Fabrik8 mentioned. Isnt super loud and looks factory (although shiny). It's (the Tanabe) is a bit pricey though.
Old 05-21-2011, 11:17 AM
twinturbomeow
Banned

twinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Muncher
Not sure of they make it for the '10 but the Tanabe Medallion is a nice system as well as the Borla the Fabrik8 mentioned. Isnt super loud and looks factory (although shiny). It's (the Tanabe) is a bit pricey though.
There both a over my budget, My cousin works at subaru, said he could get the spt exhaust for around 399 with his discount. I have a lil over then 800 to spend on a exhaust but hey i could save a couple hundred so why not go with spt lol. Ill be sure to upload a sound clip for you guys to hear once it gets delivered.

but this has me convinced itll sound nice and not too loud.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=3GUT6Tjh3Jc