Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

OneLife or?

Old 01-14-2013, 07:13 AM
pedro 2.0
carebearreps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0
Default Re: OneLife or?

oh if brute is in the mix it is hands down the best gym in 757
Old 01-15-2013, 06:16 AM
Sketchy
ℳσɱəɳʈʐ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sketchy Sketchy Sketchy Sketchy Sketchy Sketchy Sketchy Sketchy Sketchy Sketchy Sketchy
Default Re: OneLife or?

Originally Posted by jgrknot
oh if brute is in the mix it is hands down the best gym in 757
Originally Posted by ufctapout
I lifted at OneLife for a few years (it was still Gold's back then), and it was more of a fitness center than a gym, IMO. Lots of people talking as much as they're lifting, TV's everywhere, cardio cinema (which is actually cool if you insist on droning away on a treadmill anyhow). They did have good weights, but it's about half weights and than half the other stuff. Really not a bad place, but not real serious if you're trying to powerlift or anything like that, they didn't have anywhere to deadlift when I was there and if you stole a bar from the squat rack to deadlift you got a bunch of nasty looks from people.

I lifted at Brute for about 6 months and absolutely loved it. It's definitely a meathead's playground. The amount of equipment is insane, you'll never weight for a place to bench, DL, or squat. They have stones,sleds,tires,all kinds of cool shit. And the atmosphere is (or at least was) really awesome, in that everyone in there that excels at strongman wants you to get better, and they offer you a ton of tips and advice. I think Brute is like $35 a month now or so.

I vote Brute if you want to get big, One Life if you want beach muscles.

This weekend, I'm going to check out a few gyms in the 757. Thanks for the input.