Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

why i did so well on feb 9th

Old 02-14-2003, 02:27 PM
lightningd
co driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd

hmmmmmm, interesting. i do know that grip felt a lot better sunday. as for 36-38 psi on the street. this is the first time anyone has said anything bad about it. and none of my other tires ever have done anything like this in the past. i'll lower it after i rotate them (which i couldn't get to today) and see if they have the same results in the upcoming months.
Old 02-14-2003, 02:42 PM
tecnic1
This is going to spo

tecnic1 tecnic1 tecnic1

I was running 40 on the street cause I was too lazy to change it between events
Old 02-14-2003, 02:57 PM
Corey
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey

Originally posted by jmciver
That is why guys with Khumos, Hoosiers and other r-compund tires get rid of them when the tread is just about gone.
Those tires start with no tread on them to begin with. I wonder how many events they get out them (on average).

Steve, i saw you yesterday on the corner of Pembroke and La Saile, waiting at the light. I honked, but you were into the music or something.....
Old 02-14-2003, 03:13 PM
98sr20ve
Mr. Inconspicuous

98sr20ve is an unknown quantity at this point

Drop it to 32 on the street. That will stop your problem I would think.
Old 02-14-2003, 03:59 PM
Slammed Sentra
Drag757

Slammed Sentra is an unknown quantity at this point

nahh man 32.9psi........
Old 02-14-2003, 08:21 PM
trip
///m thrizzle

trip has disabled reputation

Originally posted by azrakain
Those tires start with no tread on them to begin with. I wonder how many events they get out them (on average).

Steve, i saw you yesterday on the corner of Pembroke and La Saile, waiting at the light. I honked, but you were into the music or something.....
The R compound tires do have tread. Just not mine.
Old 02-14-2003, 09:33 PM
StreetEvo
Registered Member

StreetEvo is infamous around these partsStreetEvo is infamous around these partsStreetEvo is infamous around these partsStreetEvo is infamous around these partsStreetEvo is infamous around these partsStreetEvo is infamous around these partsStreetEvo is infamous around these partsStreetEvo is infamous around these partsStreetEvo is infamous around these partsStreetEvo is infamous around these partsStreetEvo is infamous around these parts

Dave, check the sticker on the driver's side door and the sticker on the door pillar. It'll tell you the pressure you should be running at and it applies to any size tire/rim set up that you put on the car.
Old 02-15-2003, 10:21 AM
jmciver

jmciver is an unknown quantity at this point

Doing two auto-x's a month (for a total of 8 runs) a set of Khumos can last an auto-x season. The Hoosiers are softer and will not last quite as long. However, if drive on the street with them (to and from events), do fun runs and a few driving schools on them they will of course not last as long.

To get the best tread wear out of a set of r-compounds it is best to get them heat cycled prior to use. I elected not to do this for my first set of Khumos but will most likely have Tire Rack do it when I get my next set.
Old 02-15-2003, 03:09 PM
98sr20ve
Mr. Inconspicuous

98sr20ve is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by azrakain

R-Compound tires have tread. All of them do. It's just not a lot of tread and after a good heating some of the tread melts together. Gotta love that.

My car is loud even with no music. Was I dancing in my seat?

Last edited by 98sr20ve; 02-15-2003 at 03:13 PM.
Old 02-15-2003, 07:46 PM
trip
///m thrizzle

trip has disabled reputation

Originally posted by jmciver
Doing two auto-x's a month (for a total of 8 runs) a set of Khumos can last an auto-x season. The Hoosiers are softer and will not last quite as long. However, if drive on the street with them (to and from events), do fun runs and a few driving schools on them they will of course not last as long.

To get the best tread wear out of a set of r-compounds it is best to get them heat cycled prior to use. I elected not to do this for my first set of Khumos but will most likely have Tire Rack do it when I get my next set.
And then when you feel that there is no more possible life left in the tires, give them to me and I will find some rims to fit my car and run them for abuot 2 more autoxs and do horribly! But I will have fun.