Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Good sounding exhaust for an EK..

Old 07-27-2009 | 06:13 PM
Cyanide Jello
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello
Default Re: Good sounding exhaust for an EK..

Hey! that sounds like a brilliant plan!
Old 07-27-2009 | 06:18 PM
SortaFlush
Slammedxpert

SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush

Originally Posted by Cyanide Jello
So what would you recommend for a boosted D? Not trying to whore but I'm basically in the same boat hes in...
On both a single cam setup I had as well as a fully built turbo B I had a 2.5'' thermal in and out muffler (turbo muffler) and a 3'' for the B-series. They were both quiet and sounded great on full throttle. Here's a video of the Fully built B in my hatch, open dump though. I personally think straight pipe sounds the best in my opinion for boost but that is just me as I just love hearing the turbocharger tunes

Fully built turbo GSR with a .70 trim, 3 inch straight piping 3in/out thermal research turbo muffler with no cat or resonator and open dump.

Old 07-27-2009 | 06:23 PM
Cyanide Jello
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Originally Posted by I spy Psi,No?
On both a single cam setup I had as well as a fully built turbo B I had a 2.5'' thermal in and out muffler (turbo muffler) and a 3'' for the B-series. They were both quiet and sounded great on full throttle. Here's a video of the Fully built B in my hatch, open dump though. I personally think straight pipe sounds the best in my opinion for boost but that is just me as I just love hearing the turbocharger tunes

Fully built turbo GSR with a .70 trim, 3 inch straight piping 3in/out thermal research turbo muffler with no cat or resonator and open dump.
Awesome useful advice... +1 sir... I was just considering keepin the 3" DP and then downsizing to 2.5" straight pipe all the way back... I enjoy hearing my turbo...
Old 07-27-2009 | 06:25 PM
CivicRenModelX
CRX

CivicRenModelX has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by I spy Psi,No?

You have heard my car before. Right?
Old 07-27-2009 | 06:28 PM
SortaFlush
Slammedxpert

SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush

Originally Posted by CivicRenModelX
You have heard my car before. Right?
Yes, but its not boosted and yours is rather loud.

They're going for what sounds good, no offense. To each is own.

and Cyanide, I'd def get a three inch downpipe done if your going to spend the money and that will give you room to upgrade for when you up the boost and internals/turbocharger whatever it may be and need more exhaust throughout the rest of the car.
Old 07-27-2009 | 06:31 PM
Cyanide Jello
Zerofucksgiven

I do have a 3" DP... Its 3" straight piped from the turbo to where its dumped behind the pass. door...
Old 07-27-2009 | 06:58 PM
dunricky
Registered Member

dunricky dunricky

I'm going for performance also, but I don't want my car sounding like there's a Mexican in the trunk using a weed whacker.

...just saying.

I know it will have a higher end sound than a V6, but i am trying to look for a kinda quite, low end sound... if that makes any sense. lmao.
Old 07-27-2009 | 07:04 PM
SortaFlush
Slammedxpert

Originally Posted by Cyanide Jello
I do have a 3" DP... Its 3" straight piped from the turbo to where its dumped behind the pass. door...
Expect to get another 3'' made in the future. Your not really hurting anything right now by having that three inch while being boosted. My car seemed to make the best power when it was straight pipe with nothing blocking it, N/a however hell no.
Old 07-27-2009 | 09:47 PM
B-Well
I Love to Hate

B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well

Originally Posted by dunricky
I'm going for performance also, but I don't want my car sounding like there's a Mexican in the trunk using a weed whacker.

...just saying.

I know it will have a higher end sound than a V6, but i am trying to look for a kinda quite, low end sound... if that makes any sense. lmao.
you will not get any good sound from a stock single cam nor will you get any power from exhaust. PERIOD!
Old 07-27-2009 | 10:07 PM
Audio
#Trendy

Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio

Turbo cars with exhaust

Open Downpipe please

Quick Reply: Good sounding exhaust for an EK..