Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

MK 3 Focus Owners, sound off

Old 09-26-2015, 11:03 AM
Reloaded
nortaP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded
Default Re: MK 3 Focus Owners, sound off

Originally Posted by FS00008
I like it when it's running, but it's expensive when it breaks. Feels like a German car.

I thought being a new car/commuter that wasn't being beat on that it would hold up. That'll learn me.
I think that's every new car unfortunately.

Toyota's reputation was stellar when everything had a carbed out 22r with a 4 speed and manually locks.

These days not so much.
Old 09-26-2015, 03:17 PM
keefboz
Audi Fan

keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz

Originally Posted by FS00008
Just curious since it seems to be a fairly common issue, have any of you other than myself experienced the "Steering Assist Failure"/dead power steering assembly?

$1800 quote from the stealership and the car is only a year old... Kind of a kick in the nuts. Wondering if anyone else has experienced it and might know of an alternative solution.
I haven't had any issues with mine, but then again it's only got 7k miles on it. There is a FB page for Foci(?) that has some real knowledgable owners in the area, it's called "Hampton Roads, Focus and Fiestas" or something of the like.
Old 10-02-2015, 08:42 AM
Fordgt38
Registered member

Fordgt38 has disabled reputation

Had one months ago but had to get rid of it because of the clutch assembly going bad and the fact that after it being in the shop for a month it still wasn't fixed because the part to fix it was on national backorder. I miss that car. Now with the issue you're having I have no clue if that's a common issue or not. I never had that issue in the one i owned with similar mileage (was a couple years older though). Issues like this are to be expected as a car gets near 100k miles on it though, with certain exceptions but for new cars most start having issues around or just before 100k.