Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

Kartunes in sterling?

Old 04-06-2007, 08:38 PM
ForcedFedTeg
loved by all

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Kartunes in sterling?

Originally Posted by Omzig10
Any info about Sound Solutions (phone, e-mail, webpage, location)??? I'm sort of looking for a shop that can do ALL the work in house...if KarTunes can't do that...well...I might have to shop elsewhere.

I had a roommate who had an Avic Z1 installed in his Audi S4 about 6 months ago at MyerEmco. The job was "ok" but I wouldn't say it was "excellent"... I am willing to pay for the extra time it will take to make things right...and I'm not sure if MyerEmco can do all the work I would like done...

If anyone else has any suggestions for a shop that's in the area that can do custom fiberglass and doesn't mind taking the time to LITERALLY tear out the interior of a car to add 3 layers of sound deadening...I'm all "ears".

I'm looking to invest almost $5000 in materials (HU, Amps, Speakers, Sound Dampening, etc) and I don't want to fall short on the labor quality.

Thanks for all the good info all,
Omzig10
lol. $5000 . if you want 3 layers of sound deadenign material covering your whole car and want it done right, then your looking at about $4000 right there. not trying to insult you, but you talk like you want high end items. I mean a Z1 alone goes for $2100.00. then you add speakers, amps, subs, processors, pluss you want a custom fiberglass install? you might want to be a little more realistic.

i dont know what all you are looking for with your budget but one thing i can guarantee is that as of now, everything that leaves my shop is top notch. what MyerEmco did your friend have his Z1 installed at?

Last edited by ForcedFedTeg; 04-07-2007 at 10:43 AM. Reason: dagfd
Old 04-07-2007, 11:05 AM
ForcedFedTeg
loved by all

ForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these parts

okay, well after talking to you i see what you are trying to do. i was assuming you would go with dynamat for your sound dampening material. The stuff you are talking about is cheaper im sure. And i didnt realize that your budget didnt include labor. So your plans seem very realistic now. I hope everything turns out good. Let me know if i can help in any way.

Jeremy
Old 04-07-2007, 05:32 PM
DrRice
DrRice

DrRice has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Omzig10
Any info about Sound Solutions (phone, e-mail, webpage, location)??? I'm sort of looking for a shop that can do ALL the work in house...if KarTunes can't do that...well...I might have to shop elsewhere.

I had a roommate who had an Avic Z1 installed in his Audi S4 about 6 months ago at MyerEmco. The job was "ok" but I wouldn't say it was "excellent"... I am willing to pay for the extra time it will take to make things right...and I'm not sure if MyerEmco can do all the work I would like done...

If anyone else has any suggestions for a shop that's in the area that can do custom fiberglass and doesn't mind taking the time to LITERALLY tear out the interior of a car to add 3 layers of sound deadening...I'm all "ears".

I'm looking to invest almost $5000 in materials (HU, Amps, Speakers, Sound Dampening, etc) and I don't want to fall short on the labor quality.

Thanks for all the good info all,
Omzig10
go to graphics and tint/cellcom in falls church 703-538-2500