Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Street Class Rules

Old 07-22-2003 | 05:15 AM
Skywalker
Atheist.

Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker

Honestly, how are they gonna know what transmission or diff is being used?
Old 07-22-2003 | 05:41 AM
eng
Administrator

eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng

Originally posted by Skywalker
Honestly, how are they gonna know what transmission or diff is being used?
I think that's the whole point.

If they're going to say factory drivetrain only how are they going to tell if internals are stock. Then there is the sematics of what a factory drivetrain is. Does factory = what came with the car or does factory = OEM?
Old 07-22-2003 | 08:09 AM
Greaser
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by blackout
it is so fucking hard to compete in street class. between greaser, shad, jason hunt, and so many others in the 10s, honestly you'll probably get more of your money's worth in power 4 or something along those lines that you qualify for.

and mostly the stock body panels refer mostly to fiberglass front ends and bodies and such. i'm not sure about the carbon hoods though.

that's why i'm trying to build a 12 second bracket racer. i'll save the heads up racing for grudge matches.
its the same class andy.

it depends upon the race body "sanctioning" body that offers the race. Street class is something that the IDRC came up with. i wont run in it cuz my car is all 60ft. so i need slicks. but if its nopi rules or nhra rules......its all gravy...i can run no exhaust, power adders, and slicks and run the same FWD civic with slicks.

Battle of the imports is the same with RWD.....if i run dot tires i'm street class. if i run slicks i'm pro class.

there are several differnt rulebooks.....KNOW all of them before you build a car for the 1/4 mile. if you just wanna race and not try to compete for a whole season, then just get put in the class that the tech in guys put you in and run em.
Old 07-22-2003 | 12:24 PM
S dot Camp
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

Stock drivetrain basically, means the trans case needs to main stock. Internally, they will never know what is inside of the trans and the guys with custom gearing and differential setups are not normally going to tell you what exactly is done.
Old 07-23-2003 | 02:25 PM
blackout
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

Originally posted by Greaser
its the same class andy.

it depends upon the race body "sanctioning" body that offers the race. Street class is something that the IDRC came up with. i wont run in it cuz my car is all 60ft. so i need slicks. but if its nopi rules or nhra rules......its all gravy...i can run no exhaust, power adders, and slicks and run the same FWD civic with slicks.

Battle of the imports is the same with RWD.....if i run dot tires i'm street class. if i run slicks i'm pro class.

there are several differnt rulebooks.....KNOW all of them before you build a car for the 1/4 mile. if you just wanna race and not try to compete for a whole season, then just get put in the class that the tech in guys put you in and run em.
if i would have thought for a second i would have realized this.

but i really don't pay attention anymore, i just want a decently quick car right now so i can rack up shitty bracket racing trophies. i'll worry about the hard core racing for when i'm completely banking and can afford to build a full track car, and it probably won't be an import.
Old 07-23-2003 | 02:38 PM
Boostfed
Kimchee Wiggler

Boostfed Boostfed Boostfed Boostfed Boostfed Boostfed

The rules state "The extremely popular Street Classes, are reserved for factory production vehicles utilizing the OEM chassis and an engine manufactured by the same manufacturer as the vehicle."

Then later under Bogy G

"Body:

One piece front ends are prohibited. Fiberglass or carbon fiber body compnents are limite to the vehicles engine hood only."

Drivetrain Clutch, flywheel,flywheel shield

"Vehicles equipped with Rotary engines must have flywheel scattershield made of 1/4-inch thick steel or titanium plate surrounding the entire bell housing. Multiple clutch discs are permitted.

Driveline
"Front-wheel drive to rear-wheel drive conversions are prhibited. Axle straps are recommended for FWD vehciles utilizing racing slicks."

Eric gotta read further into the rules, Battle rules are REAL LAX though actually.