Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Need help choosing what setup to use for ls/v boosted

Old 02-23-2011, 07:47 PM
DwiZZy
BROSCIENCE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DwiZZy DwiZZy DwiZZy DwiZZy DwiZZy DwiZZy DwiZZy DwiZZy DwiZZy DwiZZy DwiZZy
Default Re: Need help choosing what setup to use for ls/v boosted

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Why would those matter on a for sale thread?
I had listed everything new installed on the car, that's why that stuff was in the for sale thread.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:50 PM
BallinthaEF
Registered Member

BallinthaEF BallinthaEF BallinthaEF

Originally Posted by Silva Bullit DC
Couple of things to consider:

1) Power goal
2) Fuel used (pump, race gas or E85)
3) Budget
4) Purpose of the car (DD, track whore or both)

All these are good determining factors of the outcome of your setup. After that, I'll go further.
^What he said
Old 02-23-2011, 07:55 PM
wrx=sweet
In the honda game...

wrx=sweet wrx=sweet wrx=sweet wrx=sweet wrx=sweet wrx=sweet wrx=sweet wrx=sweet wrx=sweet wrx=sweet wrx=sweet

1) 350-400
2) 93 pump gas son lol
3) looking to spend no more than 2.5-3k( but list whats the best annd i guess il go from there)
4) dd all day haha

not quite sure if i wanna bor the block to 2.0 yet ?? lemme know what yall think

Last edited by wrx=sweet; 02-23-2011 at 07:57 PM.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:56 PM
wrx=sweet
In the honda game...

wrx=sweet wrx=sweet wrx=sweet wrx=sweet wrx=sweet wrx=sweet wrx=sweet wrx=sweet wrx=sweet wrx=sweet wrx=sweet

Originally Posted by DwiZZy
So what I'm gathering is that you want someone to give you details on what parts they used so you can use them?

You can copy my build lol, I always like being a role model Of course you would need to change a few things

MOTOR:

B18C1
AEBS Sleeves
Decked Head/Resurfaced Head
Ferrea 6000 33mm Intake Valves
Ferrea 6000 28mm Exhaust Valves
RLZ Custom Titanium Retainers
RLZ Custom Valve Springs 80@seat
RLZ Custom Turbo Valve Job
Wiseco 84mm Pistons
Eagle Rods
ACL High Performance Main Bearing
ACL Rod Bearing- Race Series
ACL Thrust Bearing
Type R Water Pump
Type R Oil Pump
B18C5 Top End Head Gasket Set
Cometic 85mm Head Gasket
Fully CNC Ported Head
Edelbrock Victor X Intake Manifold
Edelbrock Fuel Rail
Professional Products 68mm Throttle Body
Golden Eagle Oil Squirter Block Off Plugs
Aeromotive Compact EFI Regulator
Walbro 255 Fuel Pump
RLZ 840cc Saturated Injectors
Moroso Catchcan
Innovative Billet Motor Mounts

TRANSMISSION:

Gsr Transmission
Stage 4 Competition Clutch
Spec Flywheel

TURBO KIT:

Precision SC61 Turbo
DRAG SPEARCO FMIC
Inline Pro T3 Manifold
3 inch Downpipe
Tial 38mm Wastegate
2 1/2 inch Intercooler Piping
HKS SSQ Blow Off Valve
Turbo Smart Boost Controller
Hondata S200
Hondata 4 Bar Map Sensor
hahaha thanks man to bad ur shits a gsr
Old 02-23-2011, 08:40 PM
DwiZZy
BROSCIENCE

DwiZZy DwiZZy DwiZZy DwiZZy DwiZZy DwiZZy DwiZZy DwiZZy DwiZZy DwiZZy DwiZZy

Originally Posted by wrx=sweet
hahaha thanks man to bad ur shits a gsr
and way out of your budget... I was joking by saying copy my build... No one picked that up though.

Is $2,500-$3,000 max on what you want to spend on everything? If so, you're going to have to cheap out on a few things. And boring out the block is definitely out of the question if that's your budget.

Last edited by DwiZZy; 02-23-2011 at 08:42 PM.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:48 PM
Snoop 95
Shoryuken!

Snoop 95 Snoop 95 Snoop 95 Snoop 95 Snoop 95 Snoop 95 Snoop 95 Snoop 95 Snoop 95 Snoop 95 Snoop 95

Originally Posted by wrx=sweet
I know many ppl run ls/v setups and have heard good things about them . I am going to be getting a decent amount of money soon and i believe i would like to build one. I have a jdm b18b swap right now with about 50k on it and would like to use this block for the build. I am just looking for some input from ppl who know what they are talking about. What would be the best head? ME: It will come down to personal preference. Any of the VTEC heads will work fine, be it B16, GSR or ITR. internals for head and block? ME: I have used Skunk2 and Crower valvetrains in the past with great success, and they are very reputable. Supertechs are nice, as well. For your goal, springs & retainers are all that's needed, you'll be fine with the stock valves, granted they are in good shape. There are tons of options for forged block internals, CP, Wiseco, SRP, Manley, Eagle, to name a few. Go with a 9:1 or 9.5:1 compression piston, if you're gonna stick with pump gas. what tranny(heard b16 does work)? ME: I would go with the GSR. It's a good median point between the ultra short gearing of the B16, and the long LS. An LS 5th gear would be a great idea for better highway use. what tune? ME: Look into Hondata or Neptune. The new RTP & Demon software that Neptune has out now is very good, I have used Neptune for the last three years. and what turbo and how many lbs? If you are gonna go with the latter part of your power goal (which I would do), refer to my reply in this thread: https://www.vadriven.com/forums/showthread.php?t=384757 i know a decent amount just looking for some good input. thanks guys
No problem, homie.

Last edited by Snoop 95; 02-23-2011 at 08:53 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:17 AM
wrx=sweet
In the honda game...

Dang an the the exact answer i was loking for thanks! and i dont want to use to big of a turbo either for my hp range so what size presion would be good? and do u think i can attain my goal wiht 3k? thanks again
Old 02-24-2011, 05:19 AM
wrx=sweet
In the honda game...

Originally Posted by DwiZZy
and way out of your budget... I was joking by saying copy my build... No one picked that up though.

Is $2,500-$3,000 max on what you want to spend on everything? If so, you're going to have to cheap out on a few things. And boring out the block is definitely out of the question if that's your budget.
my friends dad works at duncums (sp?) and he can do it for pretty cheap thats the only reason i asked
Old 02-24-2011, 05:39 AM
ravenracer
Keeping It Real !!

ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer

2.5K is not going to build your engine and give raise to buy all your part for this build.

2.5k - 3K might just cover the engine being machined only or internal parts.

2.5 - 3K will maybe only get you to a standard turbo kit with no build and basic standards.

If you want to go 300+ you will need more money so save up and do right or use your money elsewhere. It's not a good time to spend money on car stuff anyways.

- GSR head, b16 tranny. but it could be the other way around (don't remember exactly)
Old 02-24-2011, 05:41 AM
wrx=sweet
In the honda game...

Originally Posted by ravenracer
2.5K is not going to build your engine and give raise to buy all your part for this build.

2.5k - 3K might just cover the engine being machined only or internal parts.

2.5 - 3K will maybe only get you to a standard turbo kit with no build and basic standards.

If you want to go 300+ you will need more money so save up and do right or use your money elsewhere. It's not a good time to spend money on car stuff anyways.

- GSR head, b16 tranny. but it could be the other way around (don't remember exactly)
ya i hear u man...but i wouldnt have a prob with taking out a couple tgrand in a loan too 3k is just what ill have saved up and was wondering if that would cover everything but i guess not lol

Quick Reply: Need help choosing what setup to use for ls/v boosted