Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Cycle tickets

Old 02-07-2006, 08:54 PM
ledzeprlz2
supein-jin dayo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ledzeprlz2 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Cycle tickets

I was seeing how fast I could make it from charlottesville to virginia beach at night, and on the way there I made it in 108 minutes including a stop for gas, passed a cop on the interstate that didn't pursue. On the return trip, however, it was daytime and I was going about 138 mph, saw a state patrol in the median around exit 121, and was able to break and pull over before passing his position on the median. He waved me to pull forward so he could pull me over. His radar caught me at 113, but when he asked I told him I was going faster. He laughed and made a comment that I broke quicker than most cars going 80 on the interstate, and since it was only 40 degrees out and I was three miles from my destination he let me go.

I was in the downtown area of charlottesville with two buddies of mine. we passed a couple cars in a bike lane to get in position to ride a wheelie over a bridge. apparently that location is where the on-break cops rest during the night shift, but we didn't even notice the lights until we were about a half-mile ahead (in a 35 mph zone). Thinking that since the cops were so far back, and that they were after someone else, we pulled over to get out of their way. Instead they stop behind us in their beat-up jeep cherokees, told us we should have run because there would have been no way they could have caught us, then gave us reckless ... got off in court with improper driving, which is cheaper than a speeding ticket

Going 29S right before dusk, no cars on the road, so I was having some fun. A county sheriff was sitting in a median right after a cresp in one of the hills, so I couldn't see him until I got to the top (84/55). The problem was, though, that how he positioned himself, and how the road turned, I wasn't in his radar long enough to be guaranteed that was my speed. When he pulled out i had already broke, so he gave me 64/55 and sent me on the way.

On 264W at night near the newtown exit riding with about 4 other people. we all take off, hit about 110 when a slicktop pulls right next to all of us motioning for us all to pull over. the two people up front continue to take off leaving the three of us behind (the cop stayed with us). when that happened the two in the rear slammed on breaks and pulled over while the cop stayed with me. I was the last one (in the middle) and managed to slow down enough to cross a lane of traffic and then hit exit 13 at 80 mph scraping my knee (got some rash) ... there was no way his car could have done the same. we all met up later ticketless.
Old 02-08-2006, 07:20 PM
ZeroMR
I'm still slow.....

ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR

I was on my way back from richmond, passed a explorer doing 90 on 64 near richmond. Explorer speeds up behind me for a few minutes, then that's when I see his lights flashing(un-marked cop). I just dropped it into 3rd hauled ass til he got real small on my mirrors toke an exit 19* I forget and toke some back roads and chilled at a burger king for about 45mins. Then went on my merry way.

On my way up to new york, I passed a cop doing 160mph. About 20min later I stop at a gas station and a new jersey state trooper pulls right behind me. He asked which direction did I come from and did I speed by a cop car doing 150mph+. I told him that I just left a friends house that lives 2mins from here you can call and ask him. Lucky for me I actually did have a friend that lived close to that gas station. Cop let me go, I did the speed limit the rest of the trip.
Old 02-11-2006, 09:18 PM
The_rabbit1
Fidel runs VBPD

The_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud of
Question Re: Cycle tickets

Originally Posted by CBR600F4
I got my bike dyno'd and I was 5mph off at 55mph. (I went -1 tooth on the front sprocket) I brought the info to court and got off.
that wasnt the reason your speedo was off, the speedo is read off of the front wheel. How do they do the speedo test on a bike? neone?
Old 02-11-2006, 10:17 PM
tiki240
Cock of the Infinite

tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240

on my ZX6R, I had no tag, but mom needed me to take my lil sis something @ school (something she forgot i guess) so i drop off the backback at school (about 3miles from my house) get back on, and proceed home, no speeding, using all proper signals, and i notice a baby blue stationwagon following me into my neighborhood that id never seen before. so i get to my house, pull the bike into the shed, and hop into my friends mustang (which i had borrowed to pick up a surprise b-day gift and yes he knew i had the car). so i begin to pull out and 3 county squad cars block me in my culdesac. i stop wondering WTF M8? so an officer asks my why i had no tag on the back of the bike, i was like oh! i just got the bike a week ago (true). so i take 4 officers and the lieutenant (i think) maybe the captian... around the back of my house to the shed and pull the bike out for them, we chat it up for about 20 mins while they run the serial numbers on the bike to make sure it wasnt stolen and i showed them my bill of sale, and the captain told me i was one of the best sportbike riders he had ever followed (remember the baby blue staionwagon?) apparently he was on his lunch break and saw me, but it wasnt the tag missing, it was the green bike, the night before there had been a high speed pursuit down denbeigh with another green sportbike and they guy had gotten away. they let me off with a warning about the tag and i went on my merry way.
Old 02-12-2006, 10:57 AM
CBR600F4
Va Beach Coast Rider

CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4

Originally Posted by The_rabbit1
that wasnt the reason your speedo was off, the speedo is read off of the front wheel. How do they do the speedo test on a bike? neone?
Hmmmmm.....................

I was there when it was on the dyno.

Speedo was reading the whole time.

At max speed in 6th gear my speedo read 180mph while the dyno said my rear wheel was only moving at 168mph.

Dunno what bike has a speedo cable attached to the front wheel; but it's not ANY of the bikes I've laid my eye's on.

I ask anyone on this site to go find on their front tire assy where it gets the speedo reading from. You prolly won't find it.
Old 02-12-2006, 08:03 PM
The_rabbit1
Fidel runs VBPD

The_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud of

Hmmmmm.....................

I was there when it was on the dyno.

Speedo was reading the whole time.

At max speed in 6th gear my speedo read 180mph while the dyno said my rear wheel was only moving at 168mph.

Dunno what bike has a speedo cable attached to the front wheel; but it's not ANY of the bikes I've laid my eye's on.

I ask anyone on this site to go find on their front tire assy where it gets the speedo reading from. You prolly won't find it.
urs probly has an electronic speedo calculated from the rpms by the computer. suzukis have a speedo cable on the front tire. dont say it doesnt exist just bcause u havent seen it. cause my bike has one. I even broke it in lousiana halfway back from texas so i had no idea how fast i was going the other half. and then replaced it myself so trust it exists.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:51 AM
99formulam6
its not a trans am..

99formulam6 99formulam6 99formulam6 99formulam6 99formulam6 99formulam6 99formulam6 99formulam6 99formulam6 99formulam6 99formulam6

urs probly has an electronic speedo calculated from the rpms by the computer. suzukis have a speedo cable on the front tire. dont say it doesnt exist just bcause u havent seen it. cause my bike has one. I even broke it in lousiana halfway back from texas so i had no idea how fast i was going the other half. and then replaced it myself so trust it exists.
so you say if you do a wheelie youre not going to know how fast your going?
Old 02-15-2006, 10:43 AM
sprayedcivic
On One Wheel

sprayedcivic has disabled reputation

i should not have been doing this but i did so ...
me and a buddy were riding down the parkway going towards williamsburg and he had a girl on the back of his bike and i was riding solo we were cruising and her and him both motioned me that they wanted to see a wheeli so as we came up on a rather long straight strech (were everyone use to race back in the day) i was rolling about 45-50mph and dropped the bike into 2nd gear stood up and bounced was riding on the back tire at like 11:00 for about 150-200 yards and seen a car coming the other direction thought nothing of it because it did not look like a cop car I WAS WRONG by the time me and the car passed each other i was doing 113mph on the back tire on a federal hwy. had been for some time now(1/2 -3/4 mile maybe longer) cop looked dead at me and and did nothing no brake lights no sirens Nothing .needless to say i was very lucky and that that was probally a 1 in a 1000000 chance . need less to say i set the front tire down and nailed it to my exit...
Old 02-15-2006, 10:45 AM
sprayedcivic
On One Wheel

sprayedcivic has disabled reputation

from my understanding it gets it from the tranny
Old 02-15-2006, 11:05 AM
skr00zloose
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

Here's the pic I took:

was i there that day? that happened alot out in pungo.

...and i don't run from the cops... they all know where i live, they'll just meet me at my house....i hate that

Quick Reply: Cycle tickets