Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Helmet Laws

Old 02-13-2006, 09:13 AM
RandomTask
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask
Default Re: Helmet Laws

Helmet law < law of physics
Old 02-13-2006, 02:00 PM
Lewis
Registered Member

Lewis is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 72NOVA
Thats really not the point of this though. You should have the freedom to choose wether you want to wear your helmet or not. Same with the seatbelt law, why does the govt HAVE to step in to keep us(the citizens) safe? I know that if there were no helmet law, i would still wear mine when i rode. Had there been no helmet law, would you have been wearing yours still?
Some people say if they pass the no helmet law you will see a increase in insurance rates. Increased insurance rates effects everyone that rides.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:07 PM
99formulam6
its not a trans am..

99formulam6 99formulam6 99formulam6 99formulam6 99formulam6 99formulam6 99formulam6 99formulam6 99formulam6 99formulam6 99formulam6

i dont see what the big deal is, most of you say you would wear it anyway...so whats the big deal?

i know when i had a bike down in Fl, you didnt have to wear one, but you had to have a certain amount of insurance.
Old 02-13-2006, 03:42 PM
93VAHatch
Registered Member

93VAHatch has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by onepointone
yea... real hot cruisin the ocean front trying to show off for the ladies when some jackass lady on a cell phone pulls out in front of you and your face is gone... let alone hoping you arent really fucked up in some way from the accident..

point is.. shit happens, you never know when your coming off your bike.
True but that same cell phone lady could run me down walking across the street. I can not and will not try and live my life worried about what I can not control. Life isn't that long.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:24 PM
Bustadust
Registered Member

Bustadust can only hope to improve

<i>True but that same cell phone lady could run me down walking across the street. I can not and will not try and live my life worried about what I can not control. Life isn't that long<i>

exactly
Old 02-13-2006, 04:52 PM
JoesHB
Registered Member

JoesHB has disabled reputation

Thats really not the point of this though. You should have the freedom to choose wether you want to wear your helmet or not. Same with the seatbelt law, why does the govt HAVE to step in to keep us(the citizens) safe?
I bet you're a flaming liberal.
Old 02-13-2006, 05:08 PM
ILLEGAL
Double Agent HT

ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL

The U.S. people cant think for themselves, so we hire people to make us think the way they want us to. Not voting sucks hu!
Old 02-13-2006, 07:37 PM
72NOVA
20psi>engine

72NOVA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JoesHB
I bet you're a flaming liberal.
Quite the opposite actualy, thanks for trying though.
Old 02-15-2006, 04:00 PM
JoesHB
Registered Member

JoesHB has disabled reputation

Quite the opposite actualy, thanks for trying though.
Aw. Well I guess I better defend myself then? The government HAS to "step in" and establish a law requiring citizens to wear helmets and seatbelts because it would basically be unethical not to do so. Is it hurting anyone to wear a helmet or buckle a seatbelt? If it's something that doesn't hurt anyone and will guarantee saved lives, then why fucking argue against it? Wearing a helmet or seatbelt could very likely save your life someday. This isn't necessarily aimed at you, but people that try that "the government is trying to control us" bullshit really enrage me. I can just see this thread heading that direction.
Old 02-15-2006, 08:17 PM
72NOVA
20psi>engine

72NOVA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JoesHB
Aw. Well I guess I better defend myself then? The government HAS to "step in" and establish a law requiring citizens to wear helmets and seatbelts because it would basically be unethical not to do so. Is it hurting anyone to wear a helmet or buckle a seatbelt? If it's something that doesn't hurt anyone and will guarantee saved lives, then why fucking argue against it? Wearing a helmet or seatbelt could very likely save your life someday. This isn't necessarily aimed at you, but people that try that "the government is trying to control us" bullshit really enrage me. I can just see this thread heading that direction.
Im not saying that the govt is trying to take over every aspect of my life, though as of late that point could be argued. However, I do not believe it is ethical at all for them to step in in such a manner. If i want to ride with my head exposed to the pavement, why shouldnt i be able to? I not saying that i would ever ride without my helmet, maybe once or twice for the novelty but im just the kind of person that doesnt think i need to be protected from myself.

Quick Reply: Helmet Laws