Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Suggestions on first bike.

Old 02-26-2006 | 06:26 PM
skr00zloose
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation
Default Re: Suggestions on first bike.

f2's and f3's are very similar. both have pretty much the same frame (steel) and motors. most of the parts can be swapped between the two. the later model f3's have the best power and suspension. if you're looking at f2/f3's, make sure it's got a 17" front wheel. there's ALOT of them floating around with 16" wheels on the front, from 900rr guys swapping them from thier bikes. it's hard to find decent rubber for 16" rims.

f4's are a different animal. they have a more modern aluminum frame, and the motors are completely different.

f4i's are pretty much the same as f4's (same frame, suspension and motor) but they have different body work and the f4i also has fuel injection over the carbs on a regular f4.
Old 02-26-2006 | 06:47 PM
SpoolnSRT4
Registered Member

SpoolnSRT4 has disabled reputation

I just bought a 89 600 CBR hurricane 800 bucks and some paint people are offering me 1500 off the bat for it runs great I would recomend something along those lines. If you lay it down and chances are you will hopefully not bad it's a cheap/easy fix ... Just my 2 cents
Old 02-26-2006 | 07:29 PM
WutupYo
GLHF

WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo

is there a real difference b/w a carbed bike and a fuel injected bike? personally i would just rather get a fuel injected bike, i would just think it would be easier to drive and be more efficient...
Old 02-27-2006 | 05:05 AM
octane
Free Time

octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane

Man, this is one of those questions that if you ask 15 different people you're going to get at least that many answers. You need to determine what type of riding you want to do and what your budget is before you do anything. Some guys have a need for the latest, greatest, fastest, lightest, most powerful new bike out. The reality is that 99.9% of those guys will NEVER ride that bike to it's limit. There are so many good, cheap, used sportbike deals out there it's ridiculous. The average rider's ability - especially a new rider's - will reach it's limits long before any fairly modern sportbike does. I'm sure someone on here will want to argue that point, but it's a FACT. As Skr00zloose said, don't knock the Katanas, Bandits, etc. They're great, cheap, and most importantly for a noob - bulletproof - bikes that are all damn fast with a decent rider. IMO, in the long term you learn more and ultimately become a better rider starting on a machine that doesn't allow you to mistake power for talent.
Old 02-27-2006 | 05:07 AM
octane
Free Time

octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane

Originally Posted by WutupYo
is there a real difference b/w a carbed bike and a fuel injected bike? personally i would just rather get a fuel injected bike, i would just think it would be easier to drive and be more efficient...
Just like in a car, a fuel injected bike will generally start right up every time without drama, have a smoother power curve, and be very efficient. But a well sorted set of carbs on a bike is fine. If you can afford something newer with fuel injection, great. But I wouldn't be put off by a bike with carbs.
Old 02-27-2006 | 05:13 AM
WutupYo
GLHF

WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo

Originally Posted by octane
Man, this is one of those questions that if you ask 15 different people you're going to get at least that many answers. You need to determine what type of riding you want to do and what your budget is before you do anything. Some guys have a need for the latest, greatest, fastest, lightest, most powerful new bike out. The reality is that 99.9% of those guys will NEVER ride that bike to it's limit. There are so many good, cheap, used sportbike deals out there it's ridiculous. The average rider's ability - especially a new rider's - will reach it's limits long before any fairly modern sportbike does. I'm sure someone on here will want to argue that point, but it's a FACT. As Skr00zloose said, don't knock the Katanas, Bandits, etc. They're great, cheap, and most importantly for a noob - bulletproof - bikes that are all damn fast with a decent rider. IMO, in the long term you learn more and ultimately become a better rider starting on a machine that doesn't allow you to mistake power for talent.
really, i'm just looking for a bike i like, as in, what i think looks good. i don't know anything about bikes, or which ones are better for whatever, so i'm jsut looking for a bike i think looks great, and going from there (which is why i like the R6, jsut think they are gorgeous). But with all of ya'lls talk about CBR's, I've started looking for those as well, and they are definatley frowing on me.

Originally Posted by octane
Just like in a car, a fuel injected bike will generally start right up every time without drama, have a smoother power curve, and be very efficient. But a well sorted set of carbs on a bike is fine. If you can afford something newer with fuel injection, great. But I wouldn't be put off by a bike with carbs.
ok sounds good. thanks for the input

and thanks to you other fellas addin your .02 worth. It all helps, keep it coming
Old 02-27-2006 | 02:36 PM
1_slowdx
Keep on Keepin' On..

1_slowdx is an unknown quantity at this point

i have a 05 600rr for sale.. Great starter bike.. Was my starter bike..
Old 02-27-2006 | 03:37 PM
WutupYo
GLHF

how much? i have a feeling its a lil out of my range
Old 02-27-2006 | 04:36 PM
slowrsx
Banned

slowrsx is an unknown quantity at this point

suggestion for first bike dont get one. Poeple from Virginia are ignorant they will hit your ass. I barowed a bike from a friend for two days last summer almost got hit by 3 people in one day. The last day I had it I didn't even want to ride it. By the way all you flammers I almost got hit because 2 people ran red lights on me and the third merged into my lane almost ran me off the side of the road. Not my FAULT
Old 02-27-2006 | 04:52 PM
1_slowdx
Keep on Keepin' On..

1_slowdx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by WutupYo
how much? i have a feeling its a lil out of my range
Around 7500 Like brand new, hardley ever ridden still warrantied..

Quick Reply: Suggestions on first bike.