Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

HID not working, any suggestions

Old 02-24-2010, 12:51 PM
jdm monkey
LIKE A BOSS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey
Default Re: HID not working, any suggestions

sometimes the HID kits have the polarities on the wires backwards.
try flipping them
Old 02-24-2010, 01:16 PM
JdmLove
00 Si Type-r

JdmLove JdmLove JdmLove JdmLove JdmLove JdmLove JdmLove JdmLove JdmLove JdmLove JdmLove

yea when i installed a couple of hid kits it seems to always be the connection to the ballast. Its like they make the connector backwards.
when u plug it in to the ballast it looks correct because it clips in but if u flip it then they will work.
lol if that made any sense to yall.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:21 AM
6thgenva
Registered Member

6thgenva has disabled reputation

ill try that , ill give u guys an update saturday, ...ill take any suggestions
Old 02-25-2010, 07:24 AM
Corbzin
DITB-AHHH

Corbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these parts

Red goes to the top black goes to the right

and the other ones stays empty since you dont have high beams.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:56 PM
michaelmurder
King me, bitches.

michaelmurder is infamous around these partsmichaelmurder is infamous around these partsmichaelmurder is infamous around these partsmichaelmurder is infamous around these partsmichaelmurder is infamous around these partsmichaelmurder is infamous around these partsmichaelmurder is infamous around these partsmichaelmurder is infamous around these partsmichaelmurder is infamous around these partsmichaelmurder is infamous around these partsmichaelmurder is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by b20ek
yea when i installed a couple of hid kits it seems to always be the connection to the ballast. Its like they make the connector backwards.
when u plug it in to the ballast it looks correct because it clips in but if u flip it then they will work.
lol if that made any sense to yall.
Yes this is what information I was going to reply with.

Some of the connections are backwards, why? Who knows, I've ran into it with my kits before (1 out of 15) but they always come together and work.

Take the connector that goes on the ballast, and flip it around (backwards obviously) and fire them up; that should fix the problem.

DDM has good tech support, www.ddmtuning.com
Old 02-25-2010, 06:51 PM
Corbzin
DITB-AHHH

Corbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by michaelmurder
Yes this is what information I was going to reply with.

Some of the connections are backwards, why? Who knows, I've ran into it with my kits before (1 out of 15) but they always come together and work.

Take the connector that goes on the ballast, and flip it around (backwards obviously) and fire them up; that should fix the problem.

DDM has good tech support, www.ddmtuning.com
Mine don't come backwards

and mike you can fix it my sticking something small like a needle in there and bending the clip so that you can pull them out. and switch them around.
Old 02-26-2010, 05:32 AM
terrible advice
Registered Member

terrible advice has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Corbzin
Mine don't come backwards

and mike you can fix it my sticking something small like a needle in there and bending the clip so that you can pull them out. and switch them around.
apparently yours don't come at all....
Old 02-26-2010, 07:44 AM
6thgenva
Registered Member

thanks for all of the advice so far ...ill try all of them...and once again im taking all suggestions
Old 02-27-2010, 02:15 PM
6thgenva
Registered Member

nothing worked...i turned the ballast plug upside down, and used a test light for the power...im just gonna send them back
Old 02-27-2010, 03:58 PM
ForcedFedTeg
loved by all

ForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these parts

so you without a doubt had 12v at the connector and tryed flip flopping the polarity and they still dont work? then yeah i would say send them back.

Quick Reply: HID not working, any suggestions