Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Race shops that have overalls?

Old 01-29-2009, 05:06 PM
nftuatn
baller/dickbutt#69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn
Default Re: Race shops that have overalls?

Originally Posted by MAD_DOHC
If you were anything other than Carhartt, you need to be butt raped.
im sure hes not carhartt...he is most likely human...but he may WEAR carhartt
Old 01-29-2009, 05:40 PM
marlinspike
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike

Originally Posted by nftuatn
im sure hes not carhartt...he is most likely human...but he may WEAR carhartt
But do I need to be butt raped?
Old 01-29-2009, 05:42 PM
nftuatn
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

Originally Posted by marlinspike
But do I need to be butt raped?
the question at hand is that

DO you wanna be butt raped???

its ok man...pm me the answer if you want...lol
Old 01-29-2009, 05:57 PM
marlinspike
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike

Only if I need to be as punishment because I wasn't Carhartt in a past-life, otherwise I rather not be.

BTW, big blue has to go back to the bodyshop...sigh...why couldn't they have done it right the first time? I should have just said to hell with the German paint and taken it to you. They had the car for 2 weeks (to replace one door), and the gaps are still all wrong, plus there is a small and slight dent in it (looks like the dent was made before painting...and I gave them a brand new door that I personally inspected to use, last new door in the country actually). And some of the window chrome is on crooked. The color match looks good though.

Last edited by marlinspike; 01-29-2009 at 06:05 PM.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:32 PM
nftuatn
baller/dickbutt#69

damn...did they blend the quarter and front door or just panel paint it???

how hard is it to get gaps right???its not rocket science...
Old 01-29-2009, 06:38 PM
marlinspike
ATGATT

Blended it, but i was looking at all parts of the cars from all angles, no sign of the paint being different.

My thoughts exactly on the gaps. It's almost not worth taking it back to them and just doing it myself, but there's something about an expectation that they do their job.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:42 PM
nftuatn
baller/dickbutt#69

its really hard to tell when its blended...thats the reason its done...its such a fine mist at the end its nearly impossible to see....

ive seen some blend jobs that stevie wonder could have seen but painters that know what they are doing and use quality paint...you can hardly ever tell..
Old 01-29-2009, 06:45 PM
marlinspike
ATGATT

So for future reference, is blending better or worse than just doing a panel? I never thought it's possible to just do one panel properly.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:52 PM
nftuatn
baller/dickbutt#69

you can on black and most brand new cars where fading isnt a problem....but 99% of the time i blend everything....unless of course the customer doesnt want to pay for it and i explain to them before hand what could happen...
Old 01-29-2009, 07:03 PM
marlinspike
ATGATT

Yeah, this paint is in good shape (I wax every 6 weeks and garage the car), but it is 2 years old, and nautical blue is notoriously hard to match anyways.

Two more questions: I brought the car to them with no interior parts on the door. On the old door there was this sticky stuff that was to stick a plastic sheet between the door and the interior panel. This new door of course doesn't have that on it. What is the stuff and where can I get it?

Second: I'm working on the sunroof (long story short, because of my inattentiveness the sunroof came up like an air brake on the highway, now I'm trying to fix it). I noticed that at the back of the sunroof (not visible when the sunroof is installed in the car) there is a small amount of rust at the edge of a lip (the metal is about as thick as one of those old single-edged razor blades there). I figured I'd sand it off and put some POR 15 on it since it's not visible when installed in the car. What kind of sandpaper do I use?

Last edited by marlinspike; 01-29-2009 at 07:07 PM.

Quick Reply: Race shops that have overalls?