Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Engine back together w/ powdercoated goods

Old 05-20-2007 | 04:40 PM
ded
slo truk

ded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Engine back together w/ powdercoated goods

Originally Posted by TNGChris
wow!6's maybe?very impressive for a street truck.
Chris
That's my goal, don't know if I'll see it in the heat tho, might have to wait for better weather, we'll see. That 7.45 was in street trim too, with DR's on my stock wheels. I have a set of Bogarts w/ slicks/skinnies that shave 135lbs off my stock wheels
Old 05-20-2007 | 04:43 PM
TNGChris
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by bad360rt
That's my goal, don't know if I'll see it in the heat tho, might have to wait for better weather, we'll see. That 7.45 was in street trim too, with DR's on my stock wheels. I have a set of Bogarts w/ slicks/skinnies that shave 135lbs off my stock wheels
if that was on DR's,then you should have no problem at all getting well into the 6s on slicks and with the new mods.
Chris
Old 05-20-2007 | 04:46 PM
ded
slo truk

ded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TNGChris
if that was on DR's,then you should have no problem at all getting well into the 6s on slicks and with the new mods.
Chris
That's what I'm hoping Of course, gotta get the damn thing tuned in first, or else it won't be able to outrun my Jeep LOL
Old 05-21-2007 | 09:03 AM
HatefulMechanic
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

looks nice, i hope you are getting rid of that scotchlok in the DS wiring harness though.
Old 05-21-2007 | 09:17 AM
ded
slo truk

Originally Posted by fc735
looks nice, i hope you are getting rid of that scotchlok in the DS wiring harness though.
Thanks. The entire stock harness that you see going around both valve covers will be gone eventually. The injectors are on a new harness that runs behind the fuel rails and out the back of the manifold. I just haven't had time to disect the stock harness and reroute the connections I still need, but it's definitely going, looks like crap.
Old 05-21-2007 | 02:38 PM
callmej75
Registered Member

callmej75 is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow Dave...that looks great man!
Old 05-21-2007 | 03:38 PM
ded
slo truk

Originally Posted by callmej75
Wow Dave...that looks great man!
Thanks to you!
Old 05-21-2007 | 04:20 PM
GaRn
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Very nice looking, love the powdercoated stuff
Old 05-21-2007 | 05:42 PM
ded
slo truk

Originally Posted by GaRn
Very nice looking, love the powdercoated stuff
Thanks, me too, gonna keep a lot easier to keep it clean now too
Old 05-21-2007 | 06:23 PM
Matt 5.9
Registered Member

Matt 5.9 has disabled reputation

niiiiiiiiiice dave

powdercoat work looks sexy

Quick Reply: Engine back together w/ powdercoated goods